2008 Canadian Whitetails >

2008 Canadian Whitetails

Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

2008 Canadian Whitetails

Old 10-12-2007, 09:47 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: 2007 Canadian Whitetails

Ya he's already healed up and causing havoc again. We're not too far from our original spot, just further south along the Red Deer river, this is one of the larger coulees that flows to it.
Old 10-14-2007, 02:05 PM

Here.... Sorry guys been stupidly busy with school and whippin home on the weekend to farm. Did a little hunting over thansgiving, arrowed a nice 5 point buck but lost him that night. Did not find him till later the next day gut shot as per. The least i ever saw an animal bleed in my life. Good i found him but was bittersweet. No pics of him at the moment but will get some next time i am home. No hunting for me probably till remembrance day time now, have a few days then and that will be it. Great pics guys keepem coming. good luck to everyone.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:10 AM

Well I just wanted to say I really enjoy reading this forum, You folks out there in the west have some very nice animals and land on which to hunt. it would be a dream to hunt whitetails out there someday
keep up the good work
Old 10-21-2007, 12:09 PM
Fork Horn

Cool thread going on here...you guys know about www.menoutdoors.com a canadian based site that has lots of AB and SK hunters....
Old 10-21-2007, 11:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dan, Skeeter and Rocky.. just wanted to share my latest whitetail with you guys.. hope your seasons are going well. I have 1 buck tag left to work on here and 1 elk tag...

Troy

Old 10-22-2007, 12:32 PM
Typical Buck

Nice buck Shed...one to be proud of. Any story to go along with the pic?
I have yet to tag a Mulie this season with only one Sat. left so probabilty of eating tag soup this year is inevitable, but was the best bow season yet seeing a ton of bucks. Ended up limiting out on pheasants saturday though

Old 10-22-2007, 12:34 PM
Typical Buck

good day!!

Old 10-22-2007, 09:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

Troy congrats on yet another fine whitetail. Best of luck filling the remaining tags and keep us posted. So far my season has been the one of not...not going that is! I am going this saturday for mulie's and after that maybe a couple short ones if any until the 19th of Nov (late moose season is a possible while chasing whitetails hopefully in the rut!).

JD nice shooting. Keep your chin up bud you still have a day to connect, though it sounds like your season was a success already.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice Birds JD... mybrother in law keeps telling me I need to go pheasant huntin' with him! They sure are nice looking birds and I bet they are fun to hunt.

Yup JD, I just finished my field journal for HNI on that buck story..it was a couple year ordeal, finally getting him.. Anyway if you want to read it, you can click on that link below my signature.. That will pull up my journals and story at the topof the list, titled......"Back in the saddle again" is the story of that buck..

Skeet! Nice to hear from you, and thanks! Sorry to hear the season isnt going so well so far.. I had one like that last year...I'm sure you'll pull something out here soon. Your seasons should be just starting to heat up ???

Anyone heard from Danny? I talked to him the other day about the whitetail he lost..felt bad for him but chit I been there too..it can happen to anyone.

Take care guys.. I sure hope to travel north again someday for whitetails up there! I miss it.. its been 5 years..
Old 10-23-2007, 12:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have been pretty luckyfor anumber of years...spoiled is a better way to put it when it comes to days in the field.I started a new venture this yearand things have taken off wilder then I ever could have expected,so I can't really complain. My season hasn't gone to badlyfor the days spent hunting has resulted in a filled elk tag, limit of birds and 1 nice mulie doe... just more of a culture shock then anything.[]

Yeap, things are going to start getting cranked up around here soon. Mulie's are started to herd,bigger whitetails are starting to seek solitude, rubs and scrapes arebeing laid down, etc. Lovewill be in the air soon. Come hell or high water I will be chasing whitetails in the fringe come the 19th and I can't wait.

Haven't heard from Dan.

Saskabush, FYI WMZ29 has been removed from the CWD Eradication Program.

Quick Reply: 2008 Canadian Whitetails

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.