HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Other Areas (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/other-areas-29/)
-   -   Ontario fall bear season (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/other-areas/194123-ontario-fall-bear-season.html)

nctaxi 07-06-2007 08:36 PM

RE: Ontario fall bear season

Funny how things look from the other foot. As a taxidermist, I hear " why are you so expensive?" It costs no matter what you do. I would be darned if I'd do it for free for someone. I know of a few outfitters getting $3500 for bear hunts and up to $7500 for mulies. I can't afford it but if that's what I wanted to do......... kakko how are the bears up there? Are they starting to bulk up?

kakko 07-06-2007 08:48 PM

Looks like they are some what ones I have seen so far 300 to 375 range berries are not ripe yet, but with the rain latley won't be long and those bruins will be putting the fat.

Got one picked out for you if you get the chance to come up this year

kakko 07-08-2007 09:39 AM

Here is a pic of one

deercreekhunter 07-08-2007 02:03 PM

Any news of getting your spring Bear season back in Ontario. I use to hunt every springon Eagle Lake near Vermilion Bay at the Sportsmans lodge every year untill they shut the season down. If they ever open it back up , I will be back.

kakko 07-08-2007 03:27 PM

Not sure what they are doing as far as the spring season but the bear population has grown a whole lot.

and with less hunting pressure the bears are now expanding into areas that bears are not usually found, also instead of hunting 3and 4 year class bears we are now hunting 8 and 9 year class a lot bigger, also the fall bears are harder to bait in with the abundance of berries, this takes a little more work.
But if you want a spring hunt PM me.
another pic of a bear

99 jeep 07-09-2007 07:48 AM

eh kakko those are some nice looking animals im out shooting more and scouting for deer now with some new spots cant wait wont be long now just got back from a shopping spree in michigan and bought some new toys to try out hope to get some pics on here soon as well.

loverboy9_1_1 07-21-2007 07:46 AM

Darkside55
What is your website, I would like to check it out. Any other outfitters on here that would like their websites checked out, just post.

nctaxi 07-26-2007 03:59 PM

kakko - here's the bear that I finished mounting a few weeks ago......

Beehunter 07-28-2007 04:14 PM

And I charge $900.00 US for my bear hunt, including tax, but not the license.
Seems pretty resonable to me, where you located at darkside55?

DARKSIDE55 07-30-2007 08:50 AM

ORIGINAL: Beehunter

And I charge $900.00 US for my bear hunt, including tax, but not the license.
Seems pretty resonable to me, where you located at darkside55?

I'm in Ontario Canada.

www.spruceshillingcamp.com