Kenora Onterio Big Buck hunt >

Kenora Onterio Big Buck hunt

Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

Kenora Onterio Big Buck hunt

Old 01-17-2007, 05:29 PM

Default RE: Kenora Onterio Big Buck hunt

ORIGINAL: NJheadhunter71

Dan, you sound like one of those MY deer My woods My sercet spot kind of guys. So the guy shot a 7 point! Do you think every hunter has to shoot a big one? He went on a do DIY hunt and his standards dropped near the end of the hunt (SO WHAT) its a freaking deer buddie grow up. I got it you are one of those hunters that thinks you have to shoot a 3.5 year old and older deer for it to be worthy. Well Dan I have a question for you? The wolf you killed in your avitar was he old enough? I mean was he the alpha male? Don't know, then why did you shoot? Did he taste good? What do you mean you didn't eat him? People like YOU make me sick! (yourquote)Shooting an animal cause you can. NowDan I know your going to blast away at me you hot headed big bad buck shooter from WI, LOL but you came off like an idiot all huffy and puffy and sorts.Now mind you my club practices QDM on our property and we do not and can not shoot a deer under 8point 3.5 year old so I support trophy managmentbut I would never put the neighborsdown orbad mouthanother hunter(NOT EVEN ON MY PROPERTY)fornot practicing or standard. It would be un-sportsmen like and un-professional within our community. Besides he was hunting puplic land. So if he likes to travel up there spend his money, buy a license, throw some local bussines some cashand shoot a 7 pointso be it. But don't act like a retard and give the guy grief. As a matter of fact his place sounds like apretty good hunting spot, I may have to pack up next year with our40 plus hunting club members and switch our annualhunting tripto Kenora. By the way I really don't care about your dog you shot I was just making a point Danny.

Dude, I was making a point about his expectations and then settling for a "small" buck. He, himself, said he was disappointed. He expected to shoot a big buck, then settles for a smaller one, just to fill a tag. How does someone expect to shoot a big buck when they are killed too young, or if you don't have a tag to put on one. You can't. You see my point?

I pass up countless bucks every year, looking for the big ones. I would not dream of killing a small one........Wait now.......... The reason being, is that hopefully someone will have the chance to kill them when they are bigger, be it me or someone I don't know. Then they too can enjoy having their "buck of a lifetime." That's why it irks me when someone "settles" for a buck, just to fill a tag. You get my drift?

Maybe I came off a little harsh. Sorry. This subject strikes a nerve with me sometimes. Its not that I'm selfish, I just like to see the joy people get when they shoot a big buck.

I know you don't care, but the wolf was a 125 lb male. Alpha male? Probably not. Did I eat him. No. What point were you making with that comparison? I find it pretty hard to compare a wolf to a deer.

One last question. Do you feel better now that you called me some names over the internet?
Old 01-17-2007, 06:59 PM
Spike

I KNOW I am going to get flamed for this....and i do not mean this next statement in any disprespect......ARGUING over the internet is like winning the special olympics....you may WIN...but your still retarded....
On a side note....the Ministry of Natural Resources here in Ontario...does SFA...( sweet f**k all ) when it comes to the deer hunting here....THAT pisses me off....do you see me arguing over the internet NO...but just humour me...what would it cost me to come "hunt" land there? The 180 dollars it costs to purchase your tags here for the chance at a trophy buck is more than likely a slim comparison than down there....flame me if I am wrong. I have zero interest to go and hunt "down" in the good ol' US of A...hell over HALF my customers thru the shop are hunters and fishermen, but for the sole fact that I / we are spoiled up here with the vast areas of "public" land to hunt and fish, why travel....for the experience...to be contained to a certain parcel of land...no thanks
Ifrom a business level I KNOW Dan...and I understand where his views are, he is just more vocal about it than myself...and rightly so...like he has said before he has more claim up here than most folks do..period
Also....comparing a "wolf" natural predator to a "deer" which balance hangs in the ecosystem of the woods.....is not a fair comparison...Think about it....predator...prey...
KUDOS to Dan for his beautiful wolf....TY for letting 2-5 deer live this winter..but hey...what would I know, I am just a dumb canuck eh?
Reese

Old 01-18-2007, 10:22 AM

just for info. here in maine most of the northen 2/3rds of the state are paper company woods open to everyone and the other private lands are open also unless posted. most people ask to hunt private land but don't have to. the canadians from quebec pay 127.00for there license.but that said you do have themost big bucks, otherwise we wouldn't drive 1600 miles. has anbody hunted eastern manitoba?i was in the whiteshell a few times and sawsome real hogs!!where is that resturant my grill?
Old 01-18-2007, 03:51 PM
Spike

Spiddle.....MY grill....aka the bbq at my house [8D]
Old 01-18-2007, 04:17 PM

I shouldn't trash Kenora's restaurants, most times we just drove in to the Husky for fuel and fast food. My son found out about Kokanee this year, he'll be back. If I can figure out how to post a pic I'll do it. Let me see best beer, biggest deer and lot of birds, you win.
Old 01-18-2007, 05:31 PM
Typical Buck

Dan, no harm. I didn't mean to get nasty with you and no I don't feel good about name calling on the net. I am sorry. The point I was making about the wolf was people have opinions and when it comes to hunting I think we should stick together. After i wrote my post I realized the situation you may face in you area. When we first leased our land it took us three years to get it to where the deer were over 1.5 years old and it took allot of convincing too. So I see your point where a good percentage of hunters up there go to shoot big deer and you got guys shooting smaller ones from out of state where they can most likely shoot the same deer or bigger in their home state. Add in the fact that ifsome big buck hunters in that areasee less deer it makes them sour.
Old 01-19-2007, 07:56 PM

Dan
No sure on the cabin. I do not think it is our spot. we are Pretty far north...reese called it Moose country.....
My Kenora Deer taste the same as my CT deer. lol

Is Nov 07 here yet ......I have an appointment with ol mossy horn at a BEAVER BOG
Old 01-19-2007, 08:49 PM

ORIGINAL: sc003ro

Dan
No sure on the cabin. I do not think it is our spot. we are Pretty far north...reese called it Moose country.....
My Kenora Deer taste the same as my CT deer. lol

Is Nov 07 here yet ......I have an appointment with ol mossy horn at a BEAVER BOG
So, you're not Canadian? If not, I mistook you for someone else. Are you camping? If so, how? Most areas NR camping is illegal. Just curious.

As far as being pretty far north, so am I.
Old 01-19-2007, 11:43 PM

Boys , Boys , What happened here ????
Almost sounds like Hunters verses Anti-hunters ??
I remember camp as a hand shake pat on the back , congrats or maybe a cut shirt tail .[:@]
Comparing a wolf and a deer ??
I see your points .[>:]
Maybe Dan had it mounted and its in his living room or ???
Nice Wolf but seams like a wast of good led or arrow to me .Sorry only my appinion Dan .
Yes my 7 pont rack is mounted on a plaque and the venison is very tasty .
I can smile every time I eat ,look at the pic,s or mount on the wall and good memories of a long cold hunt in a very nice Town .
Dan are you the Warrden ??[X(]
Anyways hope you all had a good tear and best of luck next hunting season .......[8D]
Old 01-20-2007, 01:33 PM

Actually I had a rug made, I'll be picking it up this week.

A waste of good lead? I guess that is your "appinion." To me, and a lot of others, they are a huge trophy.

AmI a warden? LOL Nope.

Quick Reply: Kenora Onterio Big Buck hunt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.