Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Other Areas
 Kenora Onterio Big Buck hunt >

Kenora Onterio Big Buck hunt

Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

Kenora Onterio Big Buck hunt

Old 01-12-2007, 12:46 PM

Default RE: Kenora Onterio Big Buck hunt

to each is his own.....you do not have to like anyone...I forone do not throw stones when the person is not here to defend themselves but TRACKERS have to shoot at running deer. however the scene you are talking about is a fair point.....

We must of crossed paths....westay in the tents if you hunt thereyou have seen them...stop in and grab a BEER or coffee and say hello

nothing like hunting the Big Woods of Ontario we can agree to that
Old 01-12-2007, 06:14 PM

easy on the us old yankees from maine! i hunt in 6/7a/8/9b and love it. we have been there for years with no problems. made some good friends along the way. i would call it home but wife says its too cold. plenty of deer here but those old bucks up in 6 are way bigger!! (you have to pinch the nose shut to eat them tho) wish we could get just1 doe tag for camp meat. our ca friends get 7. by the way you are always invited to hunt maine (you can put in for a doe tag too). stay warm!
Old 01-12-2007, 07:32 PM

spiddle
What part of maine

hunted the west forks a few times. wish I would pull my dam moose tag already
Old 01-13-2007, 10:16 AM

sc003ro, southern maine. we hunt western mts maine & canada mostly.
drew moose 2 years ago after 20 years!!
? has anybody hunted eastern ontario near north bay and ottawa?

Old 01-13-2007, 12:46 PM

Sprocket99,
Couldn't have said it any better.
Old 01-15-2007, 03:17 PM

ORIGINAL: sc003ro

to each is his own.....you do not have to like anyone...I forone do not throw stones when the person is not here to defend themselves but TRACKERS have to shoot at running deer. however the scene you are talking about is a fair point.....

We must of crossed paths....westay in the tents if you hunt thereyou have seen them...stop in and grab a BEER or coffee and say hello

nothing like hunting the Big Woods of Ontario we can agree to that

Sorry about throwing stones. I just found that what I saw on the video was very disturbing. A lot of people look up to these guys and I think its sad. They may be good and kill big deer, but they are definately not ethical, in my book. As far as them not being here to defend themselves, I would not hesitate to tell them this face to face.

If you stay in the tents I think you do, then we definately know each other. Not far from where the cabin was burned down 2 winters ago, if you even knew the cabin was there.

You are always welcome to stop in for a beer as well, I'm sure you know where to find me!
Old 01-15-2007, 03:18 PM

ORIGINAL: spiddle

easy on the us old yankees from maine! i hunt in 6/7a/8/9b and love it. we have been there for years with no problems. made some good friends along the way. i would call it home but wife says its too cold. plenty of deer here but those old bucks up in 6 are way bigger!! (you have to pinch the nose shut to eat them tho) wish we could get just1 doe tag for camp meat. our ca friends get 7. by the way you are always invited to hunt maine (you can put in for a doe tag too). stay warm!

Weird, we always found that those deer tasted better than the ones here in WI. I must just be a better cook!![8D] LOL

Old 01-17-2007, 05:28 AM

Dan, the boys in our camp would probably agree with you, my cooking s**ks!! Seriously, the deer in the spruce don't eat as good as the ones near the fields, but those racks make up for it. now if only Kenora had a good resturant. Spiddle
(get ready for anotherPatriot dance- go New England!!!)
Old 01-17-2007, 08:24 AM
Spike

LOL.....spiddle, best resturant in town....MY grill lol...seriously, what kinda of grub are ya lookin for, I can name 3 decent ones all with great food. 4 if you count my house .. unfortunately no chain resturants, eg, Keg, Red lobster etc etc...
Reese
Old 01-17-2007, 04:21 PM
Typical Buck

Dan, you sound like one of those MY deer My woods My sercet spot kind of guys. So the guy shot a 7 point! Do you think every hunter has to shoot a big one? He went on a do DIY hunt and his standards dropped near the end of the hunt (SO WHAT) its a freaking deer buddie grow up. I got it you are one of those hunters that thinks you have to shoot a 3.5 year old and older deer for it to be worthy. Well Dan I have a question for you? The wolf you killed in your avitar was he old enough? I mean was he the alpha male? Don't know, then why did you shoot? Did he taste good? What do you mean you didn't eat him? People like YOU make me sick! (yourquote)Shooting an animal cause you can. NowDan I know your going to blast away at me you hot headed big bad buck shooter from WI, LOL but you came off like an idiot all huffy and puffy and sorts.Now mind you my club practices QDM on our property and we do not and can not shoot a deer under 8point 3.5 year old so I support trophy managmentbut I would never put the neighborsdown orbad mouthanother hunter(NOT EVEN ON MY PROPERTY)fornot practicing or standard. It would be un-sportsmen like and un-professional within our community. Besides he was hunting puplic land. So if he likes to travel up there spend his money, buy a license, throw some local bussines some cashand shoot a 7 pointso be it. But don't act like a retard and give the guy grief. As a matter of fact his place sounds like apretty good hunting spot, I may have to pack up next year with our40 plus hunting club members and switch our annualhunting tripto Kenora. By the way I really don't care about your dog you shot I was just making a point Danny.

Quick Reply: Kenora Onterio Big Buck hunt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.