Oh, by the way there ar just as many WI plates up there as MI
Old 01-07-2007, 08:13 PM

Default RE: Kenora Onterio Big Buck hunt

ORIGINAL: Yellow Dog

Dan,
GROW UP!!!!!!

Oh, by the way there ar just as many WI plates up there as MI
Nice response.

When you have something of substance to say, come back and we can discuss this like men. Until then.........
Old 01-09-2007, 03:14 PM

Hey Dan
you are wrong. I was in the area the Benoits were. Lane stopped in our camp to see our bucks. they shoot mature deer. cannot knock them for that. they are good guys too so if you knock them it becuase you are jealous

I saw 2 trappers shoot a small 8 pointer an 5 pointer. I saw two locals shoot spikes while cutting firewood. the tourist outfitter we were staying with told us he only shoots spikes and forks. He thinks they taste better....so you are way off on that,. you are alwasy going to have that, it is the way it is

I do agree with you that the guys that follow the Benoits shoot some young deer. Hal Blood has guys follow him form Maine too and they shoot the first deer they see
Old 01-09-2007, 05:04 PM

if u dont like hunting in kenora hunt your own land and stay away from ours
Old 01-09-2007, 06:33 PM

Boys Boys Boys. If you actually knew who I really was and how I get my info.

Next time you are in the area the Beonits hunt, stop and say hi. I gurantee I will be there. Like I said earlier, you may have already met me, or at least seen me.

As for calling me jealous, HA! That is the farthest thing from the truth. Myself and my group of guys are some of the most ethical hunters you will meet. Much unlike the Benoits. Not that I want you to wast your money, but you need to see their video "Hunt Smarter Not Harder." It is the biggest joke I have ever seen. In one scene one of the brothers had fallen and knowingly bent his sight. He said to compensate for it he had to aim to the right more. He takes 4 shots at the deer and misses every time, but lets vlame the gun for that one.

One of the other brothers says that you can't kill them if you don't shoot. Then procedes to tell the audience that if you only have a small part of the deer to shoot at, you gotta take it.[:'(]

The most disgusting scene is where the older brother says that you have to make deer hunting challenging. There was a deer standing broadside and instead of taking the ethical shot, he makes some noise so it runs. Then shoots at it twice. Again.........[:'(]

Maybe we should talk about the canoe they were leaving illegally out in the bush so they could hunt an area that was closed to hunting.

Now do you think I'm jealous? Didn't think so.

The Benoits are not the great hunters everyone makes them out to be. They should have stuck to writing books instead of showing the world their true colors on TV.
Old 01-09-2007, 06:34 PM

ORIGINAL: markeklund

if u dont like hunting in kenora hunt your own land and stay away from ours
Ours? LOL

I probably have more stake in the land there than you do.
Old 01-09-2007, 07:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey guys,I haveread every book the Benoits put out. The best one, as far as I'm concerned, is "How To Bag The Biggest Buck Of Your Life" by Larry Benoit with Peter Miller. Larry and Lanny were the originals. I think they have or had better hunting (tracking) skills and ethicsthan the new generation of Benoits. Just my 2 cents.
Old 01-10-2007, 12:10 PM
Spike

Back to the original topic lol.......
By my observations...the rut this year was normal...however...with the deer pressure in/near town, they seemed to rut a week or so earlier than the deer "out" in the woods, most likely due to thefact that you can readily see them.The twelve pointerI shot this year was LATE November...Like Dan mentioned...the rut really doesnt get going hard until mid Nov.
There are big deer here , yes a few locals prefer to shoot the "little" bucks, I dont think so much for the taste... Most of them do not know how to hunt a mature buck ( this is my opinion )some will shoot the first one they see. ( key word being some )
Toaquite a fewof thefolks around here,shooting a buck means youwill have pepperettes and deer sausage for ice fishing.With any area you are going to get the "roadwarriors", heck thats howI started deer hunting, I never knew better. Gradually over time I started reading more, walking to more remote areas, and hey guess what, I started seeing more and more deer, I also started taking more mature bucks. I have eaten tag soup numerous times...and I live here.
As far as shooting a smaller buck, that is a personal limitation that most folks will criticize, however, what is "small to you" might be big to someone else and vicsa versa(sp?). ( God I hope I am not opening a can o worms with that statement )
Ipersonally have not hunted/been able to hunt outside of my home area/province. I do not know what it is like to only be able to hunt a certain acreage.We are blessed up here withthe amount of public land we can hunt. I do know the areas I hunt are huge. I have walkednumerous milesin a day, most of that scouting, and not encountered a single person.I have also gone out hunting and walked into every Tom, Dave, and Henry out there. Yes the hunting pressure has increased around here. It increases every year. Does it make me hunt harder and farther away from high traffic areas, you bet it does.

Do I get "mad" or upset that someone shot a spiker? Not at all, that was his/her choice to take that deer. Who knows, it might have been their very first deer. I am not one to judge. Not everyone has the fortune of dropping a 150class 8pointer as thier very first deer, yes it has happened.
I have not had the oportunity of meeting any of you, except Dan. If any of you guys happen into this neck of the woods, feel free to drop me a line.
Laters
Reese

Old 01-10-2007, 02:53 PM

Reese, you're making me feel bad![8D]

I don't have a problem with what people shoot for their first deer. The problem I have is when people go on a trophy hunt and then settle for a smaller deer just to fill their tag. Then complain that they didn't shoot a big one. That's the only problem I have.

I guess I jsut have some pretty stong feelings on this subject. Can you tell?
Old 01-10-2007, 03:04 PM
Spike

[8D]OMG!!!! Dan...you have feelings!!!! [8D][8D]LOL
I also feel that way in regards to taking a deer that is "less" that what I deem "trophy"....But like I said before....what is one mans trophy might just be another mans buck to pass up.
As far as complaining about not shooting a trophy buck....there are no guarantee's in life.....ever ....and coming into a public forum to vent your "less than trophy" expectations, you are going to get flamed for it. Once again...difference of opinion
Hope I didnt step on any toes with my posts
Reese

Quick Reply: Kenora Onterio Big Buck hunt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.