Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

Kenora, Ontario??

Old 12-02-2006, 11:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Kenora, Ontario??

Is there alot of Public land to hunt up there?

I'm from Michigan and would like to do a Week hunt, self guided(Cheaper by alo)..Next year or so.. Been told it can be done for around $600

Any info would be much appreciated..

WHere do I start..

Thanks
Mathewsboy
Old 12-02-2006, 08:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Kenora, Ontario??

Most of the land out there is public but that doesn't mean its all good hunting land. Check with the Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources website for non resident seasons and regulations.
www.mnr.gov.on.ca/MNR
Old 12-03-2006, 08:04 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Mathewsboy

I'm from Michigan and would like to do a Week hunt, self guided(Cheaper by alo)..Next year or so.. Been told it can be done for around $600

WHere do I start..

Non-Resident huntersmust have a guide in most of the Kenora area. If you camp and are not at an outfitter there is a $ 10.00 per night fee per person also.

Thanks
Mathewsboy
Old 12-04-2006, 09:51 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: DARKSIDE55

ORIGINAL: Mathewsboy

WHere do I start..

Non-Resident huntersmust have a guide in most of the Kenora area. If you camp and are not at an outfitter there is a $ 10.00 per night fee per person also.

Thanks
Mathewsboy
Is that a new law? I have some friends who hunt there every fall and have for several years and they go there because it's the only province left that doesn't require a guide for non-Canadians.
Old 12-04-2006, 06:36 PM
Fork Horn

No it's not a new law. It's been in effect for a long time. In Wildlife Management Units 6, 9A, 9B and almost all of 7B, non-residents are required to have a guide. Maybe they just haven't gotten caught yet. LOL.
Old 12-05-2006, 04:17 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: DARKSIDE55

No it's not a new law. It's been in effect for a long time. In Wildlife Management Units 6, 9A, 9B and almost all of 7B, non-residents are required to have a guide. Maybe they just haven't gotten caught yet. LOL.
Or maybe they hunt in a different unit.....I'm not familiar with the hunting units in Ontario. I know they go somewhere north of International Falls, MN but I'm not sure exactly where.
Old 12-05-2006, 05:02 PM
Spike

I do believe that it is only "part" of 7B that requires guides...I will call the local MNR office tomorrow. I do know that nonresidents can not camp at or near most of the roads/highways here.
From what I understand on the nonresidents requirements is a hunting liscence to get your deer tag here, along with an export permit and firearms paperwork.
Hope that helps and I'll keep you informed on the area of 7B that requires guides.
Sprocky

Old 12-06-2006, 07:53 AM
Fork Horn

Yes that's what I said, part of 7B. Here's a website for the MNR in Ontario. There's a wealth of information there. All you've got to do is click what you want to know about, Including Deer hunting in Kenora. The hunting guide and all other laws, requirements, etc, are right there.

http://www.mnr.gov.on.ca/MNR/index.html

That is Ontario's fishing and hunting site for our Ministry of Natural Resources.
Old 12-16-2006, 10:05 AM

Used to be lots of big bucks in Kenora-seems Dryden is the new hotspot(about 9o miles east of kenora and you do not need a guide)
Old 12-16-2006, 04:53 PM
Spike

Yup Dryden is the hoptspot....no more big bucks in the kenora area
I shot em all [8D] just kidding....Both areas ofer lots of non guided areas...however i would stress that guided hunts produce more...due to the owner/operaters scouting etc...just my opinion...but you are more than welcome to scope and hunt the areas you would like to...c/mon up
laters
Sprocky

Quick Reply: Kenora, Ontario??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.