Old 11-22-2006, 08:42 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Edmonton Bow Only Area---Peak Rut

You have an e-mail.
Old 07-10-2009, 07:09 AM

Default Edmonton Bow Zone 2008

Originally Posted by tatonka
You have an e-mail.
hey guys, just signed up for this forum.
who went to the Edmonton Bow Zone from the states in the last few years? 2007 or 2008. I went for first time last year (2008) . Loved it . going back this Nov. Clueman - Tennessee.
Old 09-22-2009, 04:20 AM
Spike

Is the Bow Zone that good? Sounds silly to ask, but isn't that area one of the most populated areas of Alberta? Wouldn't that mean it would get more hunting pressure.

I'm sure being "BOW ONLY" deer have a better chance of living longer, but fill me in. Seems big deer are taken all over the place up there- is the quantity of 160" plus deer better in the bow zone?
Old 09-23-2009, 08:47 PM
Typical Buck

YUP!! The thing with that bow zone is it has a lot of acerages that don't get hunted and the deer are big & old. Not alot of bowhunters can kill as many deer as rifle hunter so your chances are really good if you put in your time. The area is Whitetail heaven!!
Old 09-25-2009, 06:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by JD IN ALBERTA
YUP!! The thing with that bow zone is it has a lot of acerages that don't get hunted and the deer are big & old. Not alot of bowhunters can kill as many deer as rifle hunter so your chances are really good if you put in your time. The area is Whitetail heaven!!
LITERALLY!! Almost the entire Edmonton Bow Zone (1600sq miles!) is sprawling privately owned/leased farm land. Very little hunting pressure. I believe they only issue somewhere around 70 non-resident tags per year for the EBZ, and these are only available through a guide, which you MUST have. The only other option is to be "hosted" by a resident as Youngfart mentioned. If it wasn't soooo costly, I'd be up there EVERY year without fail!!!!

Last edited by early in; 09-25-2009 at 06:19 AM.