Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Other Areas
 2006 Canadian Whitetails - Get' em! >

2006 Canadian Whitetails - Get' em!

Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

2006 Canadian Whitetails - Get' em!

Old 07-13-2007, 11:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 2006 Canadian Whitetails - Get' em!

No 29W this year, we've been switching between the 2 - 29's. We gained some new permission in29Wand found some very nice mulies after last season so with my partner and his boy having a good chance at getting drawn we deceided to put in for just 29W this fall.Also better archery opportunities in the event he never got pulled for either(I also would have the option to buy an OTC Archery Mule tag).

As far as 29E and mulies they have been hammering them for the past number of years with 2 for 1 tags. As far as left overs that is now par for the course for anterless mulies since the opportunity/numbers, draw systemand in part the OTC archery tag. I think the left over mulie doe draw tags are still only for saskatchewan residents, the way its always been in the past.

Old 07-15-2007, 01:49 AM
Fork Horn

Well good luck if you go after one with your bow. I've never hunted 29w but judging by some of the video i've seen from that area it looks pretty good.

Starting this year any left over antlerless mulie tags that aren't sold to sask residents will be available to canadian residents. I read it somewhere on the SERM site. I can't imagine too many out of province hunters will bother with them but you never know I guess.

Old 07-22-2007, 06:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

I was wondering if all provincial residentwhitetail hunters can kill a buck with their regular hunting license?I mean no drawright?
Old 07-23-2007, 06:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

yes
Old 07-30-2007, 04:41 PM
Typical Buck

Just got back from Sunny/Rainy Kelowna. Holidays are over and now it's time to dust off the bow
Skeeter, the varmint rig is tight! Still working on loads but shot it enough to know I love it. Pretty big for gophers but what the hell. Well scouting & putting up stands is next on the list!
Old 07-30-2007, 11:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good to hear JD. Way too hot here lately. I am thinking about a recon trip tomorrow evening, if i can get wrap up work @ a decent hour that is!I can't beleive that bow season is around the corner - elk opens in less then a month and province wide first of sept. I need it to cool down so i can get in some fine tuning for the fall. I am not much for dripping wet while shooting bow or gun, not to mention the high humidity or temps does nothing to show how the load will perform during our typical hunting conditions.

Early, in saskatchewan residents buy an either whitetail tag - allowing them toharvest 1whitetail deer per year. In the forest an additional either sex tag can be purchased for use in the forest zones only. Also we have zones were anterless wt tags can also be purchased. So if a resident hunter wanted to take advantage of all the possibles here for whitetails they could buy 2-either sex and 2 anterless wt tags per year. These are all over the counter - no draw.

Additionally we can purchase an Either-sex Mule Deer archery tag, Elk, Moose and Black Bear over the counter. Mule deer, Elk and Moose also have draw allocations for residents(Antelope are strictly by draw at present).
Old 07-31-2007, 05:53 PM
Fork Horn

JD!!! You should have mentioned something, didnt know you I live in kelowna!? We couldva grabbed a brew...

Its hot as hell here again, so you just caught our bad week. Good for the bush/critters though...

grats on your guys' draws. I didnt get anything this year on my AB draw, as can be expected as its my first time applying. Got a goat on my BC draw.

heading out on my stones sheep hunt in 3 weeks, already am losing sleep over it...

Going to be coming out your guys' way, to both Ab and Sask in Nov.

Best of luck with what remains in preseason scouting!
Old 08-01-2007, 02:44 PM
Typical Buck

Crap Ag[]I didn't realize you lived out there...would have been good. We were staying in the Bella Vista condos on Quail Ridge. Real Nice!! Well if I head out there again next year, I'll be sure to set it up prior.
Old 01-20-2012, 10:44 PM
Spike

Whitetail deer searching is slowly getting to be one of the most favourite pastimes of people who love the outdoors. The whitetail deer communities are abundant in the valley and often visible along the river in the evening and early spring.
Old 09-14-2012, 04:41 AM
Spike

Looks like some great places to hunt! Would love to come hunt there sometime!
Shoot To Grill!