Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Other Areas
 2006 Canadian Whitetails - Get' em! >

2006 Canadian Whitetails - Get' em!

Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

2006 Canadian Whitetails - Get' em!

Old 03-11-2007, 06:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 2006 Canadian Whitetails - Get' em!

Hey Rocky, what's new? I just got an e-mail from Jim an hour ago,I had told him I missed him at the Harrisburg Sports show. He went to Hawaii instead. There was a whitetail guide from Iowa in his booth who told me he's hunted with Jim, small world.
I don't really think Jim needsshows like that to get clients but he says he enjoys it. I was telling him howI'm more phychedfor this '07 hunt than I was even for my first Zone hunt. Strange.Maybe because I gota little taste of success last Nov? Nice to hear from you.
Jeff
Old 03-13-2007, 11:18 AM
Spike

Hey guys
Looks like a couple of ya's had some decent shed huntin.
Just a bit off topic....my eagle that I found last spring has finally arrived back to me Now for a bigger house....damn thing is huge.lol
Lookin like some mild weather headed our way. Shed hunting should be good. *must remember to take digicam with me* ( repeat 10 times )
Reese
Old 03-13-2007, 09:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

sprockett99, very cool mount. Best of luck sheddin'.

Heading out for a little ice dangling this weekend, first time this year[:'(]!If the fish ain'tjumping plan to do some sheddin' andyote busting. I already have my camera in my rifle hard case so I don't forget it[&:]. Any luck I'll have some pictures and stories to share next week.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:27 AM
Fork Horn

Cool eagle Sprockett!

Good luck Skeet, looking forward to the pics.

TS on the fishing gear Hia, at least you have an excuse to buy new stuff.

Snow keeps piling up but i did manage a few sheddin' trips last week. I found 2 whitetail sheds and 7 mulies, nothing huge.I'm stalled at 37 for the year waiting for the snow to melt.

However, my really exciting news is I got home last night and had a message from the Taxidermist

My deer mount is ready and as luck would have it my wife and I were heading to Edmonton tommorowso we'll just keep rolling to Saskatoon to pick up the mount. I can't wait.
Old 03-14-2007, 08:32 AM
Typical Buck

Saskabush

Must be exciting to finaly pick up your mount,should drop in here and get him scored on your way back.Would take an hour maybe 1 1/2 at the most. Remember I do BTR scoring ,so he'll get full credit for all the tangled stuff.Good luck and here's my phone number if you have time 780-463-3762 in Edmonton. I'm home all day.
Skeeter good luck fishing and if their not biting on Hia's gear you found on the highwaygood luck shed hunting.LOL
Sprocket ,that is a huge piece of bird ,would look awsome on any wall in my place.Was it hard to get a permit for him from fish & wildlife,also what was the cost of the mount to you if you don't mind me asking.[:@]
Rocky
Old 03-14-2007, 11:11 AM
Typical Buck

Skeeter...been stupid busy at work lately. Can't even get on to keep up to the conversations. I finally got my scope last week and mounted it the other night. Still haven't taken it out since free time is no where in sight these days. Hoping to get to the range in the next week or 2 and then once this friggin snow melts it's gopher poppin time!!
Old 03-14-2007, 06:32 PM
Typical Buck

Hey JD

You need to make time for those little things in our lives,life is to short to miss out on them. Work isin't all it's made out to be,some of us forget we have lives and families and get carried away sitting in our office.[:@]

Well just got back in from being out for another 3 hours snowshoing and looking for sheds. Found someone took some tree steps from a few of my stands and then I found the other side of the 5 pointer I found a week ago.Perfect match and will peg him at around 180ish,great mass and real heavy. The thief must have been in after my fall, cause they were their then. Probably ticked off that I was hunting the property instead of him as I had to tear down a few stands that were in place from previous years.
Guess that's what happens when you don't secure a property fast enough.Which means I should get on the phone and secure them again for next years use. The snow is still 3 feet deep along the fence lines,so it was still easy to step over the barbed wire fencing.Hopefully the snow will start to melt so I can start getting some sheds in my truck.Calling for snow tonight though [:@]To those still looking for sheds,good luck and God Bless.
Rocky

Old 03-15-2007, 11:14 AM
Fork Horn

Yf,

good work matching up those sheds. Pictures?thanks for the offer to score my buck. It may not work as Sunday will be a non-stop day of driving (we usually bypass Edmonton) but if I can convince the wife to stop i'll give you a shout. thanks again.
Old 03-15-2007, 11:56 AM
Typical Buck

I hear ya Rocky but I have too many idiots to look after at work and it just gets worse with every hire. Hopefully things will slow down and I start to take a breath of fresh air. Get some pics of the sheds up asap!
Old 03-19-2007, 09:34 AM
Fork Horn

For those of you who haven't seen it a million times already (sorry guys), here is my 2006 Alberta Whitetail.

I was home in Saskatoon this last weekend to pick up the mount. It's the first deer i've ever had done and I couldn't be happier. The taxidermist did an amazing job (thanks Skeeter for recommending him). It was well worth the 11 hour drive.
Here's some pics from last night when I got it home:

Quick Reply: 2006 Canadian Whitetails - Get' em!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.