Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Other Areas
 2006 Canadian Whitetails - Get' em! >

2006 Canadian Whitetails - Get' em!

Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

2006 Canadian Whitetails - Get' em!

Old 12-07-2006, 11:52 PM

Default RE: 2006 Canadian Whitetails - Get' em!

Well here are today's adventures. First off i doscover that an lb in town selld pilsner at 12 dollars for a 12 so you know thats going to be a write off. I am buyin the place out b4 i come home. Went to the big buck night was a bit different i guess i found myself falling in love with one particular deer that scored 169 and change. he was a five but he had it all boys honest height, mass rude mass and tine lenght, i wish i would have had a digital cam he really was somehtin special other than that i was not impressed. Lots of stuff with junk on it seems to be alot of non typs roaming aorund in man, nothin realy massive though, I dunno if the had the high school chess club scoring some of these bucks or what but i seen a spindley 5x6 score 186 and change and it did not have the tine length nor the mass my 160 deer had though it had a few inches more spread. I actually laughed at the thing and walkd away b4 things got personal, don;t p1ss in my mouth and tell me its raining, i know what a 180 looks like and believe me buddy that ain't it lol. Oh well put my name in for a few draws, spent a few coins, looked at a few guns, but was overall dissapointed in the quality of deer. The biggest typ was that 5er, non typ was the 186 but that was bs, i was expecting some goin in the 200 and 190 but never saw it guess i keep lookin, better start huntin by skeeter[8D].

-dadcalls me this morning at 7 bells to tell me that the locals saw that buck again, [:@]and did take a shot at him the previous sighting, however this time he was too far away and they would have had to get out of the truck to walk closer. Ihate to think what would happen if they had some ambition lol. Only a few daysleft and i am prayin hail marys that he stays in the flat.Makes me almost wanna drive home
Old 12-08-2006, 10:59 AM
Typical Buck

Saskabush

So from what I'm reading about you having to apply for draws, you only hunt with a gun? I bow only so that I don't have to put in for draws ,got tired of it years ago when every thing became draw,specialy moose and Mulie's.There's only a few locations that are mandatory for moose for draw even with a bow.Even if you don't hunt with bow ,we can still hook up for locations and properties available to hunt on. Heck I can even have you hunt here in the bow zone with me if your in town some time.Lots of options bud.Heck I can even score your buck when I'm up visiting you[8D].
Rocky
Old 12-08-2006, 02:03 PM
Fork Horn

YF, no not much of a bowhunter. I used to when I was a kid but I don't have a bow anymore. I'd like to get back into it but my work schedule is pretty uncertain at that time of year as I'm usuallyinvolvedwith fish stock assessments that happen each fall. Kind of limits my time in the early season. That's the main reason i can't commit to anything at the moment as I won't know until spring what's on the books for next fall. I may look into a new bow this spring but it'll have to go through the finance commitee first. However, like i've said before. I'm prepared to pass on info where I can so if you have any questions about areas feel free to ask.
Old 12-08-2006, 02:18 PM
Fork Horn

however this time he was too far away and they would have had to get out of the truck to walk closer.
Haha, I hate when that happens. Who'd have thunk it? Actually getting out of the truck! that's dumbest idea I've ever heard. What woulda guydo without the mirror to rest his rifle on. Totally unethical

Fingers are crossed for ya Hia, hope he survives all the last minute jackassery tommorow unscathed. Without sending you completely over the top, how pissed would you be to find him dead after getting winged on the last day?[:'(][:'(]Way worse than a road hunter getting him. Hopefully he has the smarts to lay low.
Old 12-08-2006, 03:30 PM

If I found that deer dead i would be upset yes but i would also be the one with the rack. I would spend the $$$ on that deer even if i did not kill him to get the shoulder mount done. I cannot handle the thought of someone else gettin him, kinda like cat fish hunter on grumpier old men lol. Lookin for a real nice buck to get done up to go on the wall or a pedistal one. I was lookin at skeeters bud there and he seems to be pretty darn good. I am sure your buck will look great saska. Your deer would have looked very nice at the show i was at last night also. Partly our own fault i guess deer were still coming in when we left, i glanced in the measuring room as we were walking by on the way out and could see one pig layin on the table but other than that pickins were slim. Really kickin myself i never got a picture of that 5 pointer, by far the nicest 5 i have ever laid eyes on. The deer there all had the light sandy-white antlers i noticed except for that 5er who was dark and beefy. I should have came up with my rack, i would have been up in the top5 for archery however i am not sure if i can eneter it if it was a saskatchewan deer. Have to check that out for next year i reckon.
Old 12-08-2006, 06:08 PM
JPF
Fork Horn

Hia, hope your big guy makes it through, there are a couple good ones around here I hope can last one more day. Its not so much them getting shot the last day that bugs me, its every Tom, Dick, and Harry are out trying to fill there tag at the last minute, blasting at everything. To many does, fawns, and small bucks with legs blown off or other poorely placed shots seems to occur on the last day, I wish it would blizzard. Whats your guestimate on a score for the buck your seeing.

Oh ya, the guy a buy all my guns from is going to be at the gun show, he's from Avonlea- Prairie Gun Traders is his outfit
Old 12-08-2006, 06:46 PM

I never have got a real good solid look at him but he is well over boone i know that. I'll tell ya next year when he's hangin off my loader. Ya it gets pretty poor the last few days when the pressure is on to fill tags, we have alot of snow up my ways so lots of guys have already shutter down for the year. I bought my 17hmr from that fellow about 2-3 years ago at the gun show in saskatoon seemed like an ok guy. He threw in a hat for me because we were having a heck of a time on the phone registering it.
Old 12-08-2006, 08:08 PM
Fork Horn

Just a peek from my side of the border Saskabush: http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showphoto.php?photo=3849&limit=recent

Now that is what dreams are made of. That is quite literally my ideal buck - mass, kickers, and most importantly symmetrical drop tines!
Hes from Dawsons creek area. Now of course the bucks up there arent all like that, but every year 10-20 of each species, whitetail and mule, come outta region 7. Our regional bio up there manages the herds with seasons that promote only trophy hunting, having a very limited open season for rifles, and never opening small bucks.

Just something to get you guys thinkin about that interprov hunt next year Can you say Pig?!
Old 12-09-2006, 11:07 AM
Fork Horn

Hia, you're right. that 5pt is a pig!! After visiting Owen and having a peek at his work I am really confident that he'll do a good job. He said it might be ready by march or april as he does his personal customers' work first before anything else. Either way, I can't wait to see the finished product. I'll be sure to post lots of pics when I do get it back.

ag, that's a hog! I am definately well aware of quality on the BC side. Did you ever see the pics of that huge typical that were floating around last year. It was basically just a guy holding a caped out head in some sporting goods store. Heard that one was from DC too. HUGE.
Old 12-09-2006, 11:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: JPF

Hia, hope your big guy makes it through, there are a couple good ones around here I hope can last one more day. Its not so much them getting shot the last day that bugs me, its every Tom, Dick, and Harry are out trying to fill there tag at the last minute, blasting at everything.
Ahh yes GSF DAY[:@]!! I'd rather battle the christmas shopping crowds then the last day antics in the field.

Last night was at a christmas party, which a CO was present at, SERM has the decoys out hardthis week. Apparently north of preeceville a local was caught on weds shooting out his window at the decoy right over the "no hunting" sign..[:'(]!

Here is a question for you fellas. What do you think of the decoy tatic?

Quick Reply: 2006 Canadian Whitetails - Get' em!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.