Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Other Areas
 2006 Canadian Whitetails - Get' em! >

2006 Canadian Whitetails - Get' em!

Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

2006 Canadian Whitetails - Get' em!

Old 12-06-2006, 12:39 PM

Default RE: 2006 Canadian Whitetails - Get' em!

ORIGINAL: Saskabush
No sign of JD lately,
Missing redneck alert has been issued. Oh and what i do with the plunger is my bidness.[8D]

-Big buck night here at the Keystone center tomorrow night. Supposed to be the biggest one in Canada. I left my buck at home, not that big but who knows what i would be up against in the archery class, might get a pack of string silencers out of it. [8D] So ya tomorrow i have a presentation in the morning then 2 finals, so the big buck night will be a nice stress releaver hopefully its liscenced. As if that wasn't enough they have a the gun show coming to town. And no its not me with a tight beater on its an actual gun show saturday and sunday. Do some Christmas shopping for the girlfriend there i reckon. Not too much i am after other than some yote ammo for my 7mm. Anything you guys want me to have a look at? I want to investigate those thompson center single shots a little more as i can see that purchase coming up in the near future.
Old 12-06-2006, 02:57 PM
Fork Horn

Do some Christmas shopping for the girlfriend there i reckon.
let me know how that works out for ya. If she's still your girlfriend after christmas she's a keeper!. good luck on the finals (and erasing the memory bank afterwards).

On a completely irrelevant note. 54+ page thread in just over 3 1/2 months. Well done boys! Took the winter Bou thread three years to get to 100
Old 12-06-2006, 04:12 PM
Fork Horn

Yeah, mule deer, whitetail deer, moose (with horn specifics) and elk are all on open tags in region 7B which is where BC/Alberta meet up there.

Stone sheep should be fun, but I have for some reason developed a habit of getting nasty scope bite with my .300 Mag. I THINK there is a way to more the scope away from my face (currently nly sits about 1" from my eye ball when focused) allowing me to not hit myself int he head every 10 shots.

I think that I am going totake my 7mm08 for sheep anyhow, my partners are all packng magnums so Im not concerned about bear firepower. Also, the 7mm08 limits me to about a 300 yard shot at max, which is more than I should really shoot at a ram anyhow.

Next year is dalls!

Ill post the different deer seasons and specifics one of these days, and we can try and match some seasons up Saska.
I know that the only deer season open for Rifle is late in the year, coinciding with rut and lotsa snow. I would be fine and happy with a late season inter-provincial deer hunt, but depends what you guys want.

Talk soon

-Andrew
Old 12-06-2006, 04:15 PM
Fork Horn

Also, if we did a muley/whitetail combo hunt, Ill let you guys lead me for whitetails - ill put your onto some big muleys.

Asive discussed with skeeter on here before, those whitetails drive me nuts, where as its not usually a problem for me to find a 160"+ muley with no headache like them whites lol.

Could work out great!
Old 12-06-2006, 04:38 PM
Typical Buck

Hia...you scare me man!!!

Skeeter wasn't I talking about loonies you can meet on line[8D][&:][:@][:'(][X(][:-][&o]I think Hia might fit the bill!!!

Jut kidding bud!

Where are earlys pics???? You out there man???
Old 12-06-2006, 05:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: JD IN ALBERTA

Hia...you scare me man!!!

Skeeter wasn't I talking about loonies you can meet on line[8D][&:][:@][:'(][X(][:-][&o]I think Hia might fit the bill!!!

Jut kidding bud!

Where are earlys pics???? You out there man???
NAH he's just a UKE!! Can't fault him for being born into that clan[8D]. Something has to give with a steady diet of cabbage and swish to wash it down! I hunt with a uke so not much I haven't seen, for good measure we also have a pollack on board. Makes for an interesting week and lots of head scratching moments as well..lol!

Maybe Early inrealized the term "crazy canucks" doesn't just apply to downhill skiing???

AG would you please stop talking about sheep!! I will have to block you if you don't quit rubbing it in...lol. jking of course best of luck. One day I hope to be worrying about the same things.
Old 12-06-2006, 05:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hia, you serious about a TC encore? They fit me real welland it was real close between the encore 50 cal ML and the Savage this spring. Single shot CF just isn't appealling to me so that never really entered my mind plus the intial and add on barrel costs are pretty healthy, I consider them a pretty big premium to pay for a single shot! I have shot a number mostly 50cal MLs but a few CFS they do shoot well. Are you thinking about a ML barrel, just CF's? Which ones?Why?

PS: Since you asked if you happen to find:
25-06 remor 338wm left handed in a Rem. 700 BDL frame
CALL ME. Fat chance but hey you never know.

Old 12-06-2006, 05:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Gager hits the dirt, via former roommate who sent this double drop buckpicture to me. Harvested last saturday SE portion of the province.

Old 12-06-2006, 06:02 PM

Mother of pearl thats a nice deer. I have yet to see a buck with droppers alive. I dreamt i was hunting a double dropper south of somme one time but it never even panned out in my dream.
Old 12-06-2006, 06:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

JD, I willpost my pics for sure, like I said I'm getting one of those computer "GEEKS" to come by and teach me how this uploading is done.I should be good to go next week. I won't let you down! I can't wait to share them.

Quick Reply: 2006 Canadian Whitetails - Get' em!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.