Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Other Areas
 2006 Canadian Whitetails - Get' em! >

2006 Canadian Whitetails - Get' em!

Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

2006 Canadian Whitetails - Get' em!

Old 11-29-2006, 10:51 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: 2006 Canadian Whitetails - Get' em!

wow!! Nice looking deer! Did they shoot'em or saw'em?

Old 11-29-2006, 10:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Saskabush

Yeah Skeeter, south of the reserve about where the road turns from southwest to strait south again. no hunting signs every 100yrds on both sides. I've seen some crankers (both mulies and Wts) in that little bend over the years. My old truck just about became intimite with a HUGE 5x5 mulie a few years ago on that corner.

Good luck if you head down to the rifle zones. I'll keep my eyes peeled for you. I'll be in the black tacoma parked on the side of the road New tires will be next years purchase. Shhh[:-] I haven't told the wife yet
Like the bottom of a pint, I know it all too well! (the spot and the wife on a need to know basis)

Good enough if I head that way i'll be on the lookout forthe black yota with 2 orange marshmellows on theside of the road.[8D] I'll be the one decked out in all white, truck and suit (minus the yellow or orange headgear of course)! If you see me, roll down the window and listen for banjo music a playin'.
Old 11-29-2006, 11:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Found them, took the picture of the scrap and then the one that never walked away got a free ride in the back of the truck. So the story is any way!
Old 11-30-2006, 05:37 PM

This page is my outdoor/work gallery. If your really interested as to what I am up to in school or my biography check the index page. Here it is tell me what you think and especially if you find any major major errors. thanxs. Drum roll please...........

lol clicked on the link and see an error already on my 06 archery elk dates grrrr. Oh well fix it tomorrow.
Old 11-30-2006, 06:38 PM
Spike

Hey Hia....nice site...looks slick
Here's this years buck for me
*crosses fingers to see if photo will load
laters
Reese

Old 11-30-2006, 09:18 PM
Fork Horn

Nice looking webpage Hia - just like an introduction for you for the school?
If you dont mind me asking, how big is your farm, and is it your families farm?

Great looking buck sprocket - nice mass to him. a symmetrical 5x5, right? Any idea what he scores? (Guess 150?? Im badddd with whitetail scoring!)
Old 11-30-2006, 10:10 PM
Spike

ag thanks for the props man, he's a 6 X 6 ...and to tell ya the truth....i have no freakin idea how to score these critters... here's a side pic

Old 12-01-2006, 12:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats sprockett nice looking deer. Here is a link to B&C for scoring a Typical Whitetail for you. It isn't that hard to do and the link illustrates how to take each measurement, with printable score sheets. (For determining your score the only spread measurement that counts is the inside spread. B&C also ask for Greastest Spread and tip to tip but they actually don't get included in the score tally. More of descriptors for the deer.)
http://www.boone-crockett.org/bgRecords/bc_scoring_typwhitetail.asp?area=bgRecords&typ e=Typical+Whitetail+Deer

Hia, looking good! Do you get extra credit for the number of hits?

Well I headed out today as it very well could be my lastday for 2006. With the wind howling from the SEI deceided to dawn the white and rifle for the am vs go to the blind with the smokepole.Made the desicion toheadfor 29E where I was drawn for Mule deer, as their was a little spot that i had seen whitetails hanging all year and thought just maybe a good buck may be not to far away. I made my first mistake early in the am by going out 219 via Lorne Ave...flippin' train delayed my exit from the city of bridges. I turned down the road to my little spot it was 15 minutes after legal already. I stop towatch a very wide 5x3 with what appeared to beintestine hanging out (fight, poor shot, fence not sure but they were frosted so it wasn't real fresh), know doubt a deer that will die a horrible death and had he not been on posted land I would have ended it for him. Knowing the landowners stance all I could do was move on. My little spot proved to have deer like always but all young bucks. I deceided to head east to check another area, along the way saw a few wt and mulie does, plus a small group of young whitetail bucks.

Then low and behold I run into a black yota with a orange and white marshmellow...so had a chat with Saskabush for a few minutes. Was nice meeting him in person, good guy!

We head in opposite directions and by the time I get to my other spot I am in near white out conditions. I thought fook it head home and gear up for an afternoon in the blind but then it hit me I had accomplished not much but keeping my arse warm, potentially the last kick with the 7 mag for deer, so I halted and did a reverse course to the tree rows I was headed when I ran into Saskabush.

Wind HOWLING I set out from the north end with it firmly blasting my face about 1/2 down the wind row I came upon a deer bedded, 6 yearlings all appeared same size and stupid to boot as they slowly made their way to E. I sat waiting for something else but nothing materialized and I was frozen so I continued on. Maybe 200 yards later in a low spot I pick out a doe bedded, I set down and tryto glass but my focus on my binos is froze so all I see is a blurr. I don't like using a scope for such things so I deceided to try and free my focus ring on the binos, success back in biz. I quickly find her and panned around but couldn't see anything else. The cagey momma caught me and rose to her feet after a short stare down she had enough and started out E. That's when I noticed something else moving, instinct told me to get ready but the babe went backW, I broke through the tree row to see a heavy frame standing behind her(I mean directly behind her). I quickly acquire but have nothing for a shot, they turn and walk up the tree row but the buck is in the lead so no hope for a shot. I figure they'll head E as nothing to the west so i slip back through the tree row, I hear something and get ready she springs out but no buck. Staying on attention I keep ready but nothing. I start advancing as she is standing in the hay 150 yards out which is almost to far due to the snow, still no buck. Ithen catch movementon the west side, slip back through the bush in time to catch a glimpse of him but when I shoulder I can't see anything but white[:@]. I slipped back east and see nothing. Ifindtrackshead east across the fieldbut never saw him or her again. Though did run into a good 4x4 mulie and when walking with the wind on my arse them same stupid yearlings. As they say "that's hunting". By the timeI got to the truck i made a popiscle look warm so head for home.

Afternoon spent in the blind was awesome, wind died down and it was very comfortable -10 is what the truck said whenI departed for home at the end of the day. I saw a parade of deer through out the 4 1/2 hours they slipped in and out of the bush at will but onlythe familar 150/5x5 sort of tempted me, though being young I just couldn't see the point in cutting him down just to fill a tag. I also had 2 visits from a 4x4 that is well aged, I hoping my partners 13 year old might take him out for his first buck on saturday. They both know the 5x5 is off limits and if they get the big daddy oh well "that's hunting". I'dbe tickled to tell you the truth but it might spoil the young lad just a tad. Though I never saw hide nor hair of him this evening.

If it turns out to be my last big game hunting day of 2006 then she ended in good fashion. Had a chance, made mistakes, froze my arse off, met good people and lots of memories to fill the next 9 months till we do it all over again!
Old 12-01-2006, 12:47 AM
Fork Horn

Respect for passing the young 150 class - I know id have trouble skeet!

How big are we talkin about regadin this pig that lives about your spot?

story sounds typical with them sneaky whitetails. They get quite frusterating for moi! Sounds like a fun day though, cool that you ran into Saskabush!
Old 12-01-2006, 01:16 AM
Fork Horn

Cant decide guys - I just measured my most recent mule up and he goes 177 gross nontypical. Nets out at 165 1/4.
Ive currently got a typical muley 160 on my wall, but in the same breath I know that muleys go big NT - big as in 200 class NT. Then again they aint easy to come by.

Whats your guys' opinion, should I mount em? If I do ill do it with an upright pose, head turned to his right so one can see that heavy ass left side of his well.

opinions??

Quick Reply: 2006 Canadian Whitetails - Get' em!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.