HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Other Areas (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/other-areas-29/)
-   -   gun Registry (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/other-areas/143503-gun-registry.html)

sandilands 05-26-2006 09:18 AM

gun Registry

How many guys think its finally going to dissappear...... at least for our long guns?

lethalconnection 05-26-2006 08:39 PM

RE: gun Registry

i really hope it does and i know that it will more than likely disappear here in alberta but quebec im not to sure about so i guess we'll just have to wait and see

sandilands 05-26-2006 10:02 PM

I'm just worried about the west right now! If MB, SK, and AB lost it I would be happy. Actually lose it all, more people would feel better. It hasn't done anything foor anybody........ just look at Toronto last summer, neve saved a soul. How many dead?

lethalconnection 05-26-2006 10:44 PM

I dont mind them keeping the registration with automatic and semi-auto's and hand guns cause those tend to be the guns mostly used in crimes but as for long guns iam aware that those mounties i think it was last year were killed by a rifle but there are tons more crimes commited with smaller weapons or auto's then hand guns but i sure do hope that they drop the long gun registry

Timbrhuntr 05-27-2006 10:05 PM

You guys don't get if its good for handguns,semi's and auto's then its good for other long guns too. Think about what you are saying. They only register the guns of the law abiding citizens not the criminals. Instead of enforcing tougher sentences for those that commit the crime they try to control crime by going after the ones they can the law abiding gun owners. These are theones they can control and they take the easy way, just like you are suggesting.Register everthing but not me and mylong gun i'm not the problem the other guy is. Wrong we are all the same and need to stick together as gun owners. I am a hunter and I think all forms of hunting are valid, gun , bow , crossbow. I am a gun owner and i believe all law abiding gun owners should be treated with same respect. Bow hunters are not better than crossbow or gun hunters and long gun owners are not better than hand gun or semi auto gun owners. We all need to stick together as we are all tarred with same brush even if you think not.

skeeter 7MM 05-28-2006 12:50 AM

timbr, while I agree with your statement and message. You do know that the other guns won't ever get the same treatment as the sporting or long guns! I have nothing against any gun owner or hunter myself, either. I would like to see the pie in the sky bandaid/political solutions dropped and implementation of proper punishment for all crimes (not just firearm related ones). We all know guns don't kill or commit crimes... We all know the registry has , nor will it ever do anything to prevent crime across our country. Current systems is a joketo sum it up lightly!

I believe we'll never see no form of legislation when it comes to firearms in canada. We have been operating under it for years priorfor the dreadful PAL, soat best we'll go back to an FAC type system. You'll still need police agency approval to obtain firearm related items and little piece of paper. As far as hanguns, auto's, etc they have beensubject to a different code and set of rules for many years...that will never change IMHO.

I hope harper is allowed to revamp it and remove the registry as we know it now..but am not sure it will fly with a minority to many veggie burger eating opposition members to say ney to the repeal vote.......we'll see!

Timbrhuntr 05-28-2006 08:22 PM

Its not whether you have anything against any other gun

Nord QC Bouman 05-30-2006 08:27 AM

Blaming a gun for a crime is just plain short sighted. Any gun ban is a major mistake.

sandilands 06-05-2006 09:11 AM

Hand-guns have had to be registered for years and here in Canada we will never see anything different. BABY steps, your preaching to the choir here if you don't like national registry, I think we all feel the same. But with all this talk abouit changing it I was just wondering how many people thought it was actually going to happen or is this just another broken canpaign promise.Thousands of CDN's across the country have been forced to feel like criminals and ithas to stop. Even the CO's around here don't feel safe b/c of the new laws.......guys will start a high speed chase b/c they know that they aren't registered and the CO's have to chase them on dirt roads. Only to find out they have tags and are all legal except one in their party has no registration for his rifle....... this creates an unsafe situation for the CO as well as the guys speeding away.