Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

Spring Bear

Old 05-14-2006, 06:37 PM

Default Spring Bear

Anyone get a bear yet this spring?? Im going again tommorow... I think tommorow is the day!
Post Your pictures!

Old 05-14-2006, 07:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Spring Bear

no more spring hunt in Ontario, its :

AGAINST THE LAW !!!

I'm supporting the OFAH, maybe our biologists can win the legal fight against the tree huggers that complain about their garbage bins getting raided all the time.
Old 05-14-2006, 07:58 PM

Our seven hunters come in a week and a half, I'll post some pictures of their bears after that. I have been seeing tons of bears including some blondies ao I'm sure there will be lots of colored ones to post.
Old 05-16-2006, 06:47 PM

Thats great!
Was on bait Yesterday and busted a WHITE bear, soo white! Great lookin bear. Then seen a solid 71/2 foot bear cruising a field when we were out for a drive... Stupid Private Property!

Old 05-18-2006, 05:03 AM
Fork Horn

My hunting buddy and I went out to our newest baitsite to sit and see what came out. Well not there more then 10 minutes after setting up the ladder stand.....and poof out walk a 5 ft blackie. I passed on the bear as i was looking for something bigger or coloured. My buddy want a another hide so the could get some mitts and stuff done as he had 1 hide and needed another one.
Well he took the blackie and we hauled him out to the quad and off he went to skin him out..........
not 10 minutes go by and 2 bears come wandering to the bait site!!....... A blondie walks by me not 10 yards away. The 2 bears start to fight and get roaring at each other Real kwel!!
After 5 minutes of battling they both settle and hit tohe baits to chow down....So i am torn between shoooting and not!
Being my first bear on a bow I say yes a blondie is a very good start!! So I let the Magnus stinger Fly right through the chest........just a little lower then I'd like..the blondie bolt away.and the black bear looks around daaaaaaaa what happened??..theat black one stuck around for 45 minutes. He didnt leave untill my buddy came on the quad back from skinning ut his bear.
Oh ya I took all the pics at the bait before I took the shot.
heres a few pics
bears fighting

bears at bait boxes

And Finally My first bear with a Bow!! looks small but believe me it is 5'4' good bow starter In the sun ight he looks almost white!!

And the double header picture..I tell you nothing like having your buddy score and then you take one 2!!
[/img]
AL

And the story from our hunt last saturday

Went out to our honey hole and at 7:30 this choco bear shows up...I was watchn him for 10 minutes coming in real real slow....then my buddy had a snezeeing fit...scared him away like lightining......told my buddy it was a choco and it was his turn to take a colour.........So the bear came in even slower then next time about an hour later......It took him 45 minutes to come near the bait .......He stopped 30 yards from the bait stood up and sniffed the air.......then laided down for a while .......got up and came to the bait........the rest was history
here are some pictures........so I didnt bring my camera in the bush ....but will have some in the next few days from my buddy....P.S........my buddy in the picture..is wabsca on here but he's not much of the posting type!

hope to have feild pics soon!!
AL
Old 05-24-2006, 12:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

WAITA GO AL!!!

Got love them phase bears...the chocolate is awesome!!!

Thanks for sharing the pics and story

No spring time for me this year, to busy doing reno's on the pad inmy spare hours. Maybe this fall I'll see the big chocolate I have been holding out for.
Old 05-25-2006, 07:34 PM
Fork Horn

i am off tonight to roberval quebec for some bear hope to post some pics when i return

Old 05-27-2006, 09:53 AM

Yup, we took our younger son and his best hunting buddy out a couple of weeks ago. The buddy hadn't taken a bear yet, so we worked it out for him first (spot and stalk only here) Found a nice 18 6/16 boar for him. The next day our son took one as well, his first with a muzzleloader.

Old 05-27-2006, 09:59 AM

Here's the other one

Old 05-28-2006, 04:54 AM
Fork Horn

Tanya.them are some nice bears!!

Congrats to the boys!

AL

Quick Reply: Spring Bear

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.