Nunavut premier defends seal hunt as way of life >

Nunavut premier defends seal hunt as way of life

Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

Nunavut premier defends seal hunt as way of life

Old 03-27-2006, 11:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Nunavut premier defends seal hunt as way of life

BRUSSELS, Belgium — A top Canadian Inuit official defended his country's seal hunt Monday, saying it was vital to the survival of aboriginal peoples in the Arctic and provided an economic lifeline for an area desperate for jobs and growth.

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20060327/nunavut_sealhunt_060327/20060327?hub=Canada
Old 03-27-2006, 03:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Nunavut premier defends seal hunt as way of life

I'm sick and tired of all those hypocrites and the seal hunt protest. If these seals were just plain ugly to look at and made grotesque noises like say a young pig there would be no issue at all. It sends a pretty pathetic message that says if its beautiful it should have a different ( preferential ) status of other animals in the food chain. You expect that from the basically shallow uneducated but commercially successful and silicone enhanced hollywood types who make a living on visual appeal but you would think more people would see through the PR grandstanding from these damn "celebrities". Its a renewable resource being scientifically managed and harvested. Its no different than cutting down a tree to build a home.
Old 03-27-2006, 04:08 PM
Fork Horn

Right on Terry my favorite part about the protest is how people can travel from Toronto, Ottawa and even in the U.S and throw their belief system on an area and people that dont have nothing to do with them!!!!. I loved it when all the tree huggers from Toronto came to my area (Temagami) and strapped themselves to trees in protest to logging. Do they not understand that by living in the city of Toronto and any developed land, they are responsible for more destruction of forest than any timber/mill organization. Sure dont go out and participate in the hunt and if your against it, dont buy any products, but dont sit back 30,000 miles away and tell people what they do is wrong!!!!.
Old 03-29-2006, 08:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Amen to that.