Who's Ready for Turkey ?? >

Who's Ready for Turkey ??

Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

Who's Ready for Turkey ??

Old 03-23-2006, 09:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Who's Ready for Turkey ??

Come on, can I be the only one who is ready for Turkey ?

Good time to scout around.

Old 03-23-2006, 03:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Who's Ready for Turkey ??

I'm definately in, just bought another pair of dekes and pulled out the old x-bow cause I can't shoot the compound from inside my blind.
Now its just a waiting game.
Old 03-24-2006, 08:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

oh yeah, excellent....Itreated myself to some new gear too...I use a cross bow as well as my 12 gauge from the ground blind...very comfortable, in fact so comfortable I sometimes grab some ZZZzz's....LOL

I start practicing my calls to help pass the time, will be scouting this weekend when we go tap some maples...I am loving this warmer weather...Here turkey turkey turkey...>!

Old 03-24-2006, 10:33 AM
Fork Horn

I was scouting for sheds last weekend and my second boy and I saw 32 turkeys come up the moutain and walk right past us as we set in a small spruce growth. One at a time they came up and hopped over the a stone wall - one at a time, on the same stone - not 20 yards from where we sat. This gave us a such a turkey show we can't wait for opening day here and we have the perfect spot picked out to wait for 'em.

Old 03-24-2006, 12:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

now that is something to be waiting anxiously for, awesome moment in time to seem them do that. I bet your son will never forget that...!
Old 04-23-2006, 04:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm heading up tonight to get ready for opener Tues morning in southern Ontario. Hopefully I'll have some pics to share in a weeks time.
Old 04-23-2006, 07:27 AM
Dominant Buck

Opens on May 1 in Vermont. I have a ton of birds here on the island but I usually go to the middle of the state for a few days to be with a couple of buddys at turkey camp. All the gear is set but I just bought a box of the new Federal flight control shells and want to compare with my standard load which is Winchester #5s
Old 04-24-2006, 10:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

OH YA MAN, I AM PUMPED
Just got me my new shotgun last thursday ( remington 870 super magnum ) Heading out right now to get me a new hen decoy,my camo is all packed up and ready to go.Hopefully I will put one down on the ground.If I do then I will likely go after another with my bow.
Buddy and I are heading out late this after noon and try to locate the turkeys and see where they are roosting.Be there first thing in the morn and get them as they are coming out of their trees.
My buddy and I are going to be hunting together on the same property but far enough away from each other we will get our own.He has never shot one either.We are both still REAL new at this and are learning new things everyday.
I would like to say thank you to everyone on the board for sharing their tips and tricks for us new TURKEY hunters.This will be a good year for sure and hopefully I will have a pic of me and my 30 lb tom with his 15 inch beard to share with all of you's ----lol---
Old 04-24-2006, 10:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hear ya, almost ready to go, opening day tomorrow, hoping the weather isn't too wet...

signs of gobblers everywhere but no sightings yet...

good luck to you and share photos for sure...
Old 04-27-2006, 08:21 PM

Heading out tommorow for a good weekend hunt. Will be three of us and it is a first time for all of us. should be a god one! Can't wait to post and see some pics! I'll listen for your shots if you listen for mine!Good luck to everyone.

[/align]

Quick Reply: Who's Ready for Turkey ??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.