Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Other Areas
 Do any of you smell a Conservative Gov"t? >

Do any of you smell a Conservative Gov"t?

Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

Do any of you smell a Conservative Gov"t?

Old 01-08-2006, 01:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Do any of you smell a Conservative Gov"t?

I'm almost afraid to say it out loud but there just seems to be so much criticism coming from the liberal media about the Liberal campaign and the constant gaffs and scandals that it's starting to look like those crooks and liars might get kicked out. Let's hope Ralph Klein doesn't step in at the last minute again and scare the hell out of the rest of Canada. ( Albertans don't need to flame me I think the guy does alot right but what he did last time likely sank the ship at the last minute ).
Old 01-09-2006, 05:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Do any of you smell a Conservative Gov"t?

I wouldn’t count them out yet. Martin might still have a trump card in his hands to sway the voters...
Old 01-09-2006, 06:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

I wouldn’t count them out yet. Martin might still have a trump card in his hands to sway the voters...
Oh trust me I agree. I still have not bought my champagne or fireworks for election night.
Old 01-09-2006, 11:12 AM

As you say this is what it was like last time. But I do think there is a possibility the Cs will come through this time, as you say. This reminds me of when Ray won in Ontario, a lot of Ontarians parked a protest vote with the NDP, not expecting they would ever form a government. Majortity government! I don't know if a Conservative majority is technically possible... If not the best we get is a Conservative NDP governement, or with the bloc. Kinda brings back memories of the famously corrupt Mulroney government (actually corrupt, who knows). They brought the bloc onto the national stage. Yummy, can't wait for more of that.

One of my favourite moments early in this election was when Harper tried to smear Martin over the stronach defection, when he brought that piece of dead wood onto the national scene, while the conservatives broguht all the block! Amazing.

So far the Liberal campaign looks incompetant, they must have known the election was coming, just one more thing to prove they are a spent force.
Old 01-10-2006, 09:49 PM

Here's hoping in Alberta. About the Ralph comment, Ithink Ralph is great ina lot of ways but he's not a political type speaker, he usually just says what we are all thinking.... remember the not to distant past with "Shoot, Shovel and Shut Up." We were all thinking it but.... gotta find the ducktape for the final stretch.
Old 01-10-2006, 10:34 PM
Spike

I must admit upfront I'm not in touch with the politics up north, In fact I didn't even know you guys had an election coming up until tonight. I was watching Fox News and they had a blurb at the bottom of the screen sayingyour Conservative Party had a commanding lead in an early poll. I can't remember the exactspread but it was like 7 or8 points???

If the Conservatives do indeed win, what can one expect to happen in regards to hunting and fishing?

Thanks....John
Old 01-11-2006, 01:17 AM

Hey John,

Who knows what will happen if the conservatives get in but the government we have know would love to get rid of all the fishing and hunting because guns are dangerous and fish hooks are sharp, plus fish have feelings too. If the conservatives get in maybe common sense will prevail and hunting and fishing will just be two of the areas that benefit.
Old 01-11-2006, 09:32 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: TerryM

I'm almost afraid to say it out loud but there just seems to be so much criticism coming from the liberal media about the Liberal campaign and the constant gaffs and scandals that it's starting to look like those crooks and liars might get kicked out. Let's hope Ralph Klein doesn't step in at the last minute again and scare the hell out of the rest of Canada. ( Albertans don't need to flame me I think the guy does alot right but what he did last time likely sank the ship at the last minute ).
SSSHHHHH...........it wasn't Ralf but the conservatives own declaration that they may win a majority gov that sank them last time.
Old 01-11-2006, 09:35 AM
Typical Buck

Oh ya, even with Ralf, the election was lost in Ontario.
Old 01-11-2006, 08:07 PM
Spike

Any guesses which way each province will vote?

That's what's fun about the states, some you canfeel good about, some you don't know till the votes are counted. The only difference is we have 50 to watch.

John

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.