Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Other Areas
 Liberals want to ban hanguns in Canada!! >

Liberals want to ban hanguns in Canada!!

Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

Liberals want to ban hanguns in Canada!!

Old 12-13-2005, 05:55 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Liberals want to ban hanguns in Canada!!

thank's for the feedback ,but i don't reload...
Old 12-13-2005, 06:00 PM
Typical Buck

excuse my ignorence ,but is there a party that suports honest ,law abiding hunter;s ??????????????????
Old 12-13-2005, 06:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Dan O.

Axeworthy said that it's his intention to disarm Canadians. You move a mountain the easiest if you move one shovelful at a time.
And all this time I was saying one little nibble at a time....
Old 12-13-2005, 06:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: heinz57

excuse my ignorence ,but is there a party that suports honest ,law abiding hunter;s ??????????????????
I would be very surprised if there would be, after all hunters are not priority on anyone list....
Old 12-14-2005, 06:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ask your local candidates to get their views. Generally Conservative or Green.

Dan O.
Old 12-14-2005, 07:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

I HEARD NEXT WEEK
MARTIN IS PROMISSING TO BAN ALL HIGH PERFORMANCE VEHICALS ......
because of all the citizens who have died from under the tires of illegal street racers.....[]
THis would be no less valid and equally meaningless.
Old 12-25-2005, 09:13 PM

"Ossage you sound like a liberal sympathiser."

So you sound out of touch. I have news for you, there is not now nor never has been (WAG) a conservative majority in any province in Canada, federally. No party gets more than 50 percent of the federal vote, and Alberta isn't all that different just different on how the seats split.

"Western big mouthes"? What are you on? The last campaign Harper said he would abolish the gun registry and they blew that up in Ontario to extremist right."

Let me remind you it's 2005. Harper is pro gun regulation just like the liberals. He never says he will get rid of the gun registry, full stop, he says he will put in place manditory minimums etc... Well pal, as a gun owner maditory minimums apply to me. Say you get pulled in on unsafe storage, or like that hunter in Ontario end up hunting peacefully, off hours, near a rural school. Or like that family whose jelous neighbour rated them out as harboring a fugitive and the swat guys locked them up on weapons charges arising from a dead son's posessions in their house. Take discretion away from a judge, and you're in the big house. Manditory sentencing doesn't deter crime, or the US would be a sunday picnic. The right to shoot back might help, but dream on. I'm already registered, they aren't tearing up the record, in fact the police in Ontario already had a database from illegal FAC searches, believe me it ain't going away. So why should I vote for harper to give the guys in the black pyjamas more power.

"The liberals are corrupt, lieing, and manipulating. They would love this issue to be blown up. Dan O."

I agree with you, but so was Mulroney, and Harris, so that isn't a basis for voting.

"But what does it hurt? Handguns are just toys in Canada"

Trailer, I wish we could carry handguns, hunt with them, and take them out on our property and shoot some cans. But we can't. All we are allowed to do is collect them like Royal Doulton figurines, or target shoot. That's a toy, and dangerous toys get banned. There is no party coming out in favour of handguns as tools, and to that extent it's all over.

Heinz57, your single shot rifle is tacticaly devatating. It's on the list. Black powder rifles are the only firearm for which the purchase of an explosive is part of the game. That will be gone. Get behind your handgunner friends because you're next.
Old 12-26-2005, 04:55 AM
Typical Buck

very interesting ..BY GOD I HOPE UR WRONG ,i'm 61 and have enjoyed going hunting all my life .
Old 12-26-2005, 09:05 AM

Will it happen in 10, 20, 30 years. I don't know about timing. But it will happen on the current trajectory. The irony is that Handguns are defensive in nature, though obviously a favorite of some criminal groups. Rifles are offensive in nature, from a military perspective. Any government that bans pistol crossbows, or puts airguns under the old FAC, will do anything. I'm 46, what with archery I doubt I will get taken out of the game, but it could happen. Younger people I wouldn't encourage to get into the shooting sports at all, if I had their interests principly in mind.
Old 12-29-2005, 08:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

OH Yea here we go again ! When Allan Rock of the LIBERAL GOV brought in the new gun law's and regulation's ,it was supposed to be a fool proof way oflowering criminal activity as well as suicide's.This has proved to be a cash cow for our Great LIBERAL GOV the cost to impose it was only to be 9.5 MILLION dollar's ,but has now blown up to be closing in on 2 BILLIONdollar's . IT's lowered nothing and the crime hasn't lowered either ,so where has our 2BILLION dollar's gone ,this has been the biggest farse in our LIBERAL GOV's history .
I believe that they should have some source of keeping track of firearm's being sold here in Canada ,but they have bungled this up so bad ,that it's wasted so many of our tax payer's dollar's ,that could be used for something good such as school's and hospital's etc,etc,etc.
The LIBERAL GOV has had many chance's to drop this stupid law and reorganize it so as not to lay 90% burden on the innocent law biding citizen's of this great country,but if they did that they wouldn't be able to steal the tax payer's money right out of their pocket .
So what has changed since these law's have been introduced ,absolutely nothing ,and still they defend these LIBERAL imposed gun law's .So since this doesn't work ,now they decide to target handgun's as well .At what cost will this be to the tax payer's in this country that we know as Canada. This is where they should have targeted in the first place ,but not with the legal ethical ,responsible hand gun owner's who already have gone through so much red tape to justify their love for handgun ownership ,this will prove once again to be another big BUNGLE by our LIBERAL GOV.AGAIN this is another assault against the law biding citizen's of the very people who voted them in in the first place . Why aren't they targeting the Black market or underground and the criminal'swho use theseillegal firearm's being imported into our country ,this the citizen's and taxpayer's might understand ,but NO they hit the Honest one more time .
Just to mention after ALAN ROCK made such a mess of this gun registry ,that he was removed and placed in the health Dept which again he made a mess of ,so where is he now ,at least he's not in position to cost us any more money ,but we now have the LIBERAL's begging for our vote's to screw ourselve's over just one more time .
Do you think the LIBERAL'S might ever get the gun registry right ,NO not likely,but now they'll take your vote and even more tax's in order to illiminate all handgun's here in Canada .
All I can say is this LIBERAL GOV and all their promise's to get the gun registry right and now ban all handgun's has been a real farse and a scandal. They're target's have been clearly targeted to the legal citizen's of Canada ,is this why we want to vote them in ,So they can screw us again.

nubo

Quick Reply: Liberals want to ban hanguns in Canada!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.