It came in the mail!!!! >

It came in the mail!!!!

Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

It came in the mail!!!!

Old 12-01-2005, 09:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: It came in the mail!!!!

I thought they did away with the POL and now only have the PAL option??? Maybe they allow you to maintain that status if you went that route in the beginning???? Pretty sure their is no option but the PAL now though. I too have a PAL and itexpires August 2006. I doubt even if the PC's won they would rid us of this horrific system[]! I hate to think it but I believe we're stuck with this card[:@]!

Jeff you can write a challenge exam, vs attend the course. This is what I did at the SWF (Sask. Wildlife Federation). They gave me the option to take home a book and study but I just wrote it and passed with no problems.My challenge exam was 50 multiple choice of which 80% was required to pass. The girl at the federation graded it as soon as I completed it and gave me the required paperwork for submitting my PAL.If I remember correctly the cost to write the challenge was 20.00. I assume the BCWF would be doing the same thing, maybe give them a call and see what is involved/options.
Old 12-05-2005, 11:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: skeeter 7MM

I thought they did away with the POL and now only have the PAL option??? Maybe they allow you to maintain that status if you went that route in the beginning????

Jeff you can write a challenge exam, vs attend the course. This is what I did at the SWF (Sask. Wildlife Federation).
Thats what I thought as well skeeter (GOV getting rid of the POL)
But my form says I have to $60.00 and get it renewed if I don't have the money and form filled out and returned before the due date I have to take the test....

Yeah..Challenging the EXAM is the way I'd like to go..Except my wife has expressed an interest in hunting/gun owner ship,so I may just do the course along with her....
Old 12-29-2005, 09:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

This is Garaunteed ,it's going to be the cash cow for this LIBERAL GOV and alway's has ,I'm not sure if there's a charge to renewing your PAL yet ,but you can bet your sweet arse if the LIBERAL'S get back in you'll be paying .

nubo
Old 12-30-2005, 12:25 PM
Fork Horn

Yup the POL is history only PAL now. For all of us that took the test to get the PAL, here's a heads up . My better half went for the POL while I went for the PAL and did the the test (same test I did when I got my hunting licence 38 yrs ago !!!!!!) that way we are legal to use whatever is in my nameor hers as well as if I died tomorrow she could stop the jack boots at the door. WELL , her renewal came several weeks ago, it stated that if you send $ and the application b4 the POL expires we will give you the PALWITHOUT taking the the test. Don't know about you other guys that took the [:'(](test) but I want MY $ back from the test.
Old 12-30-2005, 09:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: seadog
Don't know about you other guys that took the [:'(] (test) but I want MY $ back from the test.
Thanks for donating that $$$ to our great government...