Canadian Whitetails >

Canadian Whitetails

Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

Canadian Whitetails

Old 10-03-2005, 05:44 PM
Spike

Default RE: Canadian Whitetails

DoubleA I have been using theCabela's Saskatchewan Pac boot now for 2 years in Saskatchewanand have had great luck with them. If you use theheat packs for your feet with the them you will be fine, just pull out your liners in them at night and letany moisture dry out. You will allways have people tell you not to shoot the first buck you see in Saskatchewan be patient and a big one will come. Last year a client of mine passed up the best buck seen all year 20 minutes into his hunt my estimate after seeing it on video was about mid 170's. He told me that he really didn't know how good it was until he seen a couple of130's later that morning he said the deers body was so big that it made the rack look good but not super. The point is that allways be ready because it cancould be the first buck that walks out Monday morning or the last deer you see Saturday afternoon. Good luck on your hunt and hope that you kill a B&C. Let us know how you do this year as I will be up there the whole month of November.
Old 10-03-2005, 09:16 PM
Typical Buck

Boulder Ridge...

Good to hear some firsthand information on those boots, I know that living here in South Texas, I'll never need em.I have been trying to view the big bodied deer of Canada on dvd's whenever I can. I have always heard and know personally that it's going to be a big change of what I am used to. All I'm asking is just the chance of being within a few hundred yards of one
Old 10-04-2005, 01:23 PM
Spike

I'll tell you what, Early In. Send me a trail cam and I'll get you some photos. Us poor Canadians can't afford those fancy devices. (Can you make it digital ) Nice deer all over the praries though. Just remember if you come up to use a REPUTABLE outfitter. There are some outfitters up here that have no respect for anyone or anything.
Old 10-04-2005, 03:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey lifeguard,I will be hunting in Edmonton, Alberta the second week of Nov. and I have a very good outfitter. Primitive! Thanks.
Old 10-04-2005, 06:01 PM
XTP

Wait 'til you see some of our BIG bodied deer man....the buck I shot last year scaled out at 160 lbs at the butchers shop..!! Thats just the meat and bones...no head,hide,hooves or insides.The choice of whether or not topass on a deer of course is yours to make,but remember that in most places in Canada,the deerdensity issparse compared to what you may be used to and sometimes your first chance is your only one.The buck I referred to from last year was taken on the last day of a week long hunt after I passed on a beautiful 8 pointer at 9:00 am of opening day.I was almost regretting that decision for another year...
Old 10-05-2005, 12:19 PM
Typical Buck

Yes, from viewing the Canadian deer I realize they are big bodied. A big bodied deer here in Texas will go 200-225 lbs live weight. A deer with antlers that go 170 here looks very good while one of your brutes might not look that big, there lies the problem for us southern boys.

We have alot of non typical genes here and that's good if you like that. Have been taught that a whitetail deer is genetically supposed to have 4 points on each side.......and that's my "deer". I could quit hunting tomorrow if I could take a nice 160 typical straight up eight. That's my goal as a deer hunter, but I know that they are indeed scarce as hens teeth or an honest lawyer
Old 10-06-2005, 12:38 PM
Typical Buck

Well I got a new hunting partner!!! Had a 9 lb boy on Monday (Roman James)...now to put some meat on the tableJDinAB

Old 10-06-2005, 05:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

CONGRATULATIONS JD, you'r a lucky man, and God bless your beautiful baby!
Old 10-06-2005, 07:47 PM
Inactive

JD : Congrats on a very handsome son !!!! Hope he and Mom are doing well !!!

Are you taking him with you to bag the dinner fare ??? lol

Gary
Old 10-06-2005, 09:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congratulations JD ! Fine looking pup there !

Quick Reply: Canadian Whitetails

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.