Wally World does it again! >

Wally World does it again!

Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

Wally World does it again!

Old 06-21-2005, 10:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Wally World does it again!

This info comes from another website I frequent.
Ridiculous...absolutely ridiculous!!

June 3, 2005

Wal-Mart Canada Inc.
1940 Argentia Road
Mississauga, Ontario
L5N 1P9

Dear Sirs:

I am writing in regards to an incident that occurred last evening, June 2, 2005 at your Wal-Mart located at 35 Molson Park Drive, Barrie, Ontario, L4N 9H5.

I took a disposable camera in to be developed at approximately 7:00 pm and was told that they were running a little late and that it would take approximately an hour and a half and to come back at about 8:40 pm.

I decided to do a little shopping and grab a bite to eat. When I returned to the store at 8:30 pm, the cashier advised me that the pictures were not ready and it would be about 5 minutes and to take a seat. She then excused herself saying she had to use the restroom and before I could take my seat she had returned with a police officer in tow, along with the assistant manager Mr. Francis Manning.

You cannot imagine the surprise, embarrassment and humiliation I felt, being detained for almost an hour by the police, as I was not provided the anonymity of a private location while being questioned as to the contents of the film by the police officer. I did not realize that it was a crime to pick up film, and I am thankful only for the fact that my daughter was not with me.

On the film were pictures of 12 handguns, a photo of my place of residence and pictures of two of my children. After getting in touch with my husband for his required PAL number (Possession Acquisition Licence) which allows him to own the handguns, giving the information to the police officer, and after my husband speaking with the officer, a check was done which confirmed all the handguns were registered.

In the process of trying to reach my husband, Mr. Manning told me that if I had informed him as to what was on the film and provided him with the number (I assumed he was referring to the PAL number) there would not have been a problem.

I asked Mr. Manning when it became policy for Wal-Mart to contact the police when pictures of firearms were taken, as I have developed many photos of a similar nature in the past at the same location without any incident.

Upon my return home, my husband called the police department to verify that all information given would be strictly confidential, as an PAL number is a very personal piece of identification.

The following day, June 3, 2005, my husband contacted Wal-Mart Molson Park Drive and asked Mr. Manning if it was store policy that the police are called whenever a firearm is involved in a picture. His replied in an arrogant manner that it was not store policy, but that it was his personal agenda to call police whenever a gun appears in a picture.

My husband advised Mr. Manning that he would be letting all his hunting friends and all the gun clubs he belongs to know, that if they take their films to Wal-Mart Molson Park Drive for developing to make sure they have their PAL’s with them so as not to cause the unnecessary embarrassment and humility that I went through. Mr. Manning suggested that, that would be a good idea, he also advised my husband that he should also inform the Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters and any other Firearms publications about HIS policy.

So I am now informing you that I have done just that. I have informed all of the friends my husband hunts with as well as the following clubs and publications:

Canadian Access to Firearms;
Canadian Shooters Rights (Edward L. Burlew, LL.B);
Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters;
National Rifle Association;
Ontario Rifle Association;
Alliston District Sportsman’s Club;
Base Borden Rod and Gun Club;
Elwood Epp’s Hunting and Sports Store; and
The Wolf’s Den Hunting and Sports Store.

As a company that sells ammunition and hunting gear, I would like to suggest that if it is your company’s policy, or if it is the individual store policy, it should be posted as to not cause embarrassment or humiliation to any other customers as it was to me.

Sincerely,

R W
Cookstown, Ontario

Cc Wal-Mart Canada Inc.
35 Molson Park Drive
Barrie, Ontario L4N 9H5

Ron
Old 06-22-2005, 10:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Wally World does it again!

So I wonder what they would do if someone come in with a film that had a picture of a hunter with a trophy buck with there rifle in the photo? They’ll need there hunting license with the PAL.
Old 06-22-2005, 11:35 AM
Typical Buck

rbduck

You are going at this all roung. You should have EVERY person you know take pictures and than take them to wally world. Make as much trubble for the man as you can.After this happens a few times the man will stop trying to be a PI and do the job he is hired to do.The more you give in to people like this the more power he thinks he has.
Old 06-22-2005, 03:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I read this and shook my head. Then I called Walmart customer service and lodged a complaint against Francis Manning. I will also be passing this information on to the Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters. I have also instructed my wife not to shop at Wallmart no matterwhat the price is elsewhere.
Old 06-22-2005, 04:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good Man Terry, I also refuse to shop at Wallmart.
Old 06-22-2005, 07:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well after that I'll be doing the same thing ,this is just about the most rediculous thing that I've ever heard .Who does this fella think he is ,maybe after people going in and telling him that they will no longer support his store and the reason why ,just maybe he'll come back down to earth .

What a real Jerk I'll have to see this guy for myself to see if he's real or not because he certainly doesn't act it .

nubo
Old 06-22-2005, 09:06 PM
Fork Horn

WOW [:@]Its getting worse every day, good idea Terry and I think that if everyong had your attitude mabe we could get some where, I've told my wife the same. Sounds like something you would expect here in Southern Ontario and not as far North as Barrie, where hunting and shooting is more a way of life.
Old 06-24-2005, 06:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

PLEASE,someone correct me if im wrong,but dosnt Wally Mart sell guns,ammunition and hunting supplies in general.
I seariously think this Mr.Manning has something out for the gun owners or maybe the hunters in general.
I think someone should go and have a chit chat with this fella and see what his problem is----maybe the OFAH will.
I am sorry to hear about the whole ordeal,and hopefully nothing like that will happen to you again.You did get an appology from the manager and the police officer?
Old 06-25-2005, 09:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

no comment[:-]
Old 06-27-2005, 05:34 PM
Typical Buck

I think you folks might be over reacting a bit.

Suppose Mr. Manning had seen some photos of guns and bomb material and called the cops. Suppose his actions uncovered a terrorist who was planning an attack on a school in your town. Mr. Manning would then be a hero right?

Pictures of a bunch of guns may seem quite normal and attractive to us but to some they make alarm bells go off.

Robin

Quick Reply: Wally World does it again!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.