HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Optics (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/optics-85/)
-   -   Professional thermal binocular (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/optics/422039-professional-thermal-binocular.html)

Gutling 10-26-2019 01:03 AM

Professional thermal binocular

Hi everyone, hunting in Oregon for almost 8 years. I had an experience with some thermal scopes and one nightvision. While the thermal is superior there are some reasonably priced night vision scopes in the $500 range that I have been impressed with. But now the circumstances are such that I can afford much more than I could before. So I am about to buy a professional thermal binocular with at least 1500 ft range, rangefinder, video recording. And I'm considering three options Pulsar Accolade XQ38, N-Vision Optics Atlas, Pulsar Accolade XP50. What do you think?

Oldtimr 10-26-2019 08:56 AM

I think they would be illegal to hunt with in my state.

mrbb 10-26-2019 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by Oldtimr (Post 4363422)
I think they would be illegal to hunt with in my state.

an honest question, would they be illegal
or would they have to be attached to a weapon to be illegal
as range finders are not illegal and yet they do cast a beam onto a animal?
and I honestly don't know the answer to this, and why I am asking!

now back to OP's topic
MY question would be WHY do you need thermal binocular for hunting>
do you hunt at night??

I have no experience with either model you listed, but think you might find more info on a site that does a lot more night time hunting, like a good predator site
NOT trying to send you any where else, just saying, them places get more folks using this stuff than here IMO!

CalHunter 10-26-2019 11:51 AM

I don't hunt with night vision or thermal imaging but have watched different videos using both on YouTube. You might want to consider reaching out to some of them on equipment they've used and how well it's worked. I would imagine they've all tried different pieces of equipment over the years and could give you some honest feedback on what worked and what didn't.

Gutling 10-27-2019 06:41 AM

Not at night. Actually, there is a time restriction and a good remark on if the optics attached or not. I was always arguing on that one. And CalHunter, I know, I sent an e-mail to the guy who wrote this article outdoorsly.org/best-thermal-binoculars/ . That's the options I was talking about. Waiting for the reply, but thought someone here could help me out or share his experience

newzzl085 12-11-2019 04:25 PM

I don't hunt with night vision or thermal imaging but have watched different videos using both on YouTube. You might want to consider reaching out to some of them on equipment they've used and how well it's worked. I would imagine they've all tried different pieces of equipment over the years and could give you some honest feedback on what worked and what didn't.
They do help in different situation, especially when you have to find something small in the dark.