Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
Truck Binos? >

Truck Binos?

Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

Truck Binos?

Old 09-10-2019, 10:17 AM
Super Moderator

Default Truck Binos?

Any recommendations for a dedicated set of truck binos costing $250 or less? I have better glass but don't want to leave my Swaros or Vortex in my truck all the time. Something 7x or 8x with decent low light ability?
Old 09-10-2019, 11:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

I keep a cheaper pair of Nikon's 10x42's in my truck, and have for 20+ yrs now, so my model won;t be current made
but I went mid road way back when which should be about 250 range now, and been very happy, they sit in truck yr round, 100+ in summer and minus 30 and so winter time,

but to be honest, best advice is just go look thru a bunch of price range models you like and pick the one you like best
there all about the same dollar for dollar any more
have to be to be competitive more or less and stay in business these days

I prefer brand names with proven track record if being in business (proven customer service) and will be there in yrs ahead or seem like it, all the new names and all, maybe decent, but where will they be in a decade or so?
as today's world of throw away things and buy more, makes me wonder about new names and if they even have any long term plan to stay about!, or make money, , (many time sin tax free zones then tax free deal ends away they go)
so, proven long time company's, have a slight MAYBE advantage to them IMO
Old 09-10-2019, 11:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Less than $250 for truck binos, you can pick up a pair of Bushnell Legend M Series, either in 8 or 10x42. I have a pair and they are my “good” binos. When they first came out, they were close to $400, now they are around $200. Very nice glass for that price.
Old 09-17-2019, 03:36 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks guys. It really helps to hear from somebody who has had a pair of binos getting banged around in a truck and then still work for spotting critters.