Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
The best rifle scope for the money ?? >

The best rifle scope for the money ??

Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

The best rifle scope for the money ??

Old 06-01-2019, 07:02 AM
Spike

Default The best rifle scope for the money ??

Hey,

Can anyone advise me what is the best rifle scopes for the money?

This has been a labour of love that has taken almost 5 months of in-depth testing with each scope. I feel the scopes reviewed are great for beginners and veterans alike and I have also tried to breakdown the best way to go about selecting a scope for your needs.

Please let me know what you guys think as I would really appreciate some criticism on this as well as some knowledge on what you think is the best scope for the money right now in order to pick one up.

Thanks
Old 06-01-2019, 10:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

this is an impossible question to answer,m and reason is, we all use rifles and scopes in different ways,
SO< what scope is bet=st for what I use one for, might be WAY off what you want in a scope!
with today's modern world wide web, there is NO shortage of OPINIONS and reviews on items!

Best advice is, think about HOW and on WHAT you plan to mount the scope on, and then HOW you typically want a scope to work for your style of shooting/hunting, caliber rifle and so on!
and also, don;t forget, that EVERY company has BAD one's get out the door at ANY price range, HOW well a company stands behind a product, can some times be a major factor to some folks, over just saving $$$!

SO< again, NO one can answer this question, or even come close without, you saying what rifle you plan to put it on, HOW you want to use a scope(all targets at ONE range, or many, do you need faster adjustable turrets for each shot< plan to shoot FAR, or UP close, HOW good are your EYE"S, what is your price point? and so on
there is a ton of factors that can HELP one decide, but bottom line is,we ALL use a scope differently and most like, THIS or THAT feature over others!
and this is why there are SO many models of scopes out there!
Old 06-01-2019, 01:08 PM
Super Moderator

^^^ What he said is spot on. One type, size or even style of scope does not work the best for all rifles and types of hunting, etc. Are you asking for a rim-fire or centerfire rifle. Are you shooting at targets, tin cans, prairie dogs, coyotes, small game or big game? Are you shooting under 100 yards, under 500 yards, under 1,000 or over 1,000 yards? Do you need 3x9 or less magnification or more? Do you need longer eye relief (not all scopes have that) or are you okay with whatever comes with any scope? Does the scope have a lifetime warranty or not? What is your realistic budget for a scope? There are a lot more questions you could ask and answer but you get the idea. The "best rifle scope for the money" for hunting long range coyotes with a 22-250 on the prairies might not be the same "best rifle scope for the money" for a .308 to hunt deer at 200 yards or less, etc.

Other people have asked similar questions before but most of them have phrased the question as what is the best scope for different price point brackets. Something like best scope for under $200, $200-$500, $500-$1,000 and over $1,000. It's not a perfect method of choosing your best scope but it does give you some good ideas that will fit whatever scope budget you have. Now if I was going to buy a good quality 3x9 for hunting deer with a 270 or 30 caliber, I'd look closely at Leupold's Freedom line for around $200-$250 (depending on which model you select). It has really good glass, is made in the USA and has a lifetime warranty. But YMMV as always.
Old 06-04-2019, 02:47 AM
Spike

The UTG 3-9X32 1 might be something you are looking for.
Built on true strength platform, completely sealed and nitrogen filled, shockproof, fog proof and rainproof
Old 06-13-2019, 11:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you are talking brand names, I think it is hard to beat a Leupold, Their warranty is about as good as it gets plus they are reasonably priced and have many models to choose from. I recently bought a lower priced Zeiss, it seems to have very good glass and the warranty does not run out when it is sold. Even the lower priced Bushnell's seem to be pretty good, scope making has come a long way.
Old 06-13-2019, 11:57 AM
Fork Horn

Leupold VX3 is my choice of scope for my deer hunting rifles.
Old 07-29-2019, 09:40 AM
Spike

I think you should look at the Vortex Razor HD Gen ii 4.5-27x56. This would be a great option...
I know an article on the best rifle scope definitive guide which is really helpful. Here is the article-
https://bobergarms.com/rifle-scope-difinitive-guide/
Old 03-23-2020, 12:30 AM
Spike

Hey - this is a bit of a "how long is a piece of string" question. Maybe a bit more info on what you're hoping to use the scope for? Which platform or caliber are you wanting to mount it on? Do you want to shoot at night? Do you have a preferred reticle? :-)

Jack
Old 03-24-2020, 03:27 PM
Fork Horn

Location: From WA, lived in NC, MO, KS, NY, GA, and retired in the "Show Me"

lots of variables but, I like the Athlon Midas Tac for under $700....
Here are some thoughts on some sub $900 scopes -
Old 05-19-2020, 01:23 PM
Spike

I really like leupold VX-Freedom 3-9x40, It is lightweight and really durable.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.