Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
Nikon Monarch spotter >

Nikon Monarch spotter

Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

Nikon Monarch spotter

Old 04-09-2018, 02:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Nikon Monarch spotter

I was looking for a good spotter and did not want to buy another Swarovski so I looked over the offerings in the $1,000 - $2,000 range and chose the new Nikon Monarch 20 x 60 82mm. I am certainly not an "expert" but I looked through as many others as I could and kept an open mind. As for other popular brands, to my eyes the Monarch was clearly better than the Vortex (same price) and even slightly better than the Zeiss ($500 more). The SIG was good and the Meopta Meopro was very good.

The focus ring and the power ring on the Nikon were very smooth and to my eyes the Nikon's image was the best in it's class. To get a better image I would have had to spend another $1,000 for the excellent Meopta S2. I may eventually regret not buying the S2.

Everyone's eyes are different so other fellows may have made another choice. This one is working out well for me.
Old 06-21-2018, 09:31 PM
Spike

I also picked up a Monarch last spring and have been impressed. I compared it with a few others in the price range and the biggest difference that I found was the clarity at max zoom, which I'll admit that I don't use often. I hooked up my Phone Skope to it a few times and it's impressive how clear the videos are at long ranges!
Old 02-12-2019, 12:36 AM
Spike

for cheaper than a thousand dollars you could get the leapold rx 2800 tbr/w laser rangefinder videos on youtube state a 2800 yard+ range if that is your choosing i went with the conix sadly did not know about the other till i already bought the conix.have not tried to shoot a mile yet.