Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
CS comparison >

CS comparison

Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

CS comparison

Old 01-19-2018, 07:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default CS comparison

I lost two things:

On a pair of brand new Bushnell 8x40 binocs (Legend M Series), while in the woods, one of the lens covers fell off. IMO, it’s a less than ideal design and it fell off a few times with me catching it, but finally it got lost. Sort of my fault though. I emailed Bushnell from their website asking how to get it replaced. Two robo-replies where I had to re-explain what was missing (not broken, I don’t need to send in the binocs, dammit!) and after a couple of days I was finally told I need to call them to order a new set. Fine.

On a Vortex Viper 2-7x32 scope (discontinued model), I managed to lose one of the windage/elevation caps. Likely at the range, totally my fault. I emailed the CS, also found on their website asking how to order a new one. The next day I had a response saying it was on its way, no charge.

The little things really do matter.
Old 01-23-2018, 09:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

They sure do. And, when posted on a forum such as this one bad press is way worse than 100 good ones.

Abu Garcia treated me the same as Vortex except way before electronic communication. I broke an open-faced reel. Tried to fix it myself. After looking at the parts for years, I mailed them with a note explaining the situation and asking them to fix it if less than $20 otherwise pitch it. They sent me a new reel at no charge!