Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
Scope recommendation >

Scope recommendation

Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

Scope recommendation

Old 03-23-2017, 09:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Sheridan
[I]s this thread really about which scope do "I" own ??
This tends to be how it usually ends up, but would you really rather have it any other way? I certainly don't care to get product opinions from someone who hasn't owned the product. But even when someone does own the product, if a user has only owned that one brand/model, and has been happy with it, you get that "brand loyalty" vibe pushing recommendations - which can be good recommendations in the context "this product has met my needs," but you don't really get a true, "this product is better than that product," type recommendation. Such is the world we live in.

What is your goal weight, and goal magnification? A scope can be "light weight," or be "lightweight." A 1-4x24mm, fixed paralax scope of standard weight construction will be lighter than a "lightweight" 6-24x50mm Adjustable objective optic.

So are you looking for a light scope, or a "lightweight" scope? Going light is easier than going lightweight.
Old 03-23-2017, 07:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Ask a truck driver for the best BBQ ?

Ask a gourmand for the best Haute Cuisine ?

Another example of the right tool for the right job !!!

Look here.

http://www.opticsplanet.com/riflescopes-best-rated.html

Last edited by Sheridan; 03-24-2017 at 11:25 AM.
Old 03-24-2017, 08:49 AM
Fork Horn

If there is any misunderstanding I am looking for a lightweight scope (Compact) that would be a great match for this gun. I do want to check out Swarovski compact scope and compare it to Leupold
Old 12-25-2020, 08:24 PM
Spike

I have been on a similar quest for a LIGHT and SHORT scope.
But one that still got me shooting at little critters way out there.

After getting frustrated with manufacturer's and seller's webpages that didn't make the information accessible I was looking — I came up with a Scope Specs Table where important specs can be compared side by side:
▪Weight
▪Length
▪price
▪FoV
▪warranty
▪IR
▪FFP or SFP
▪Reticle

➔ Attached below is the Specs Table for scopes with at least 3-9x or 3-12x (and more if they are 13" short).
Most of the scopes in this list also have:
▪10y-Side Parallax
▪Exposed Turrets
▪Holdoff Reticle
▪Cost under $500
▪They are sorted by SFP and FFP

Hope someone finds this useful for their scope shopping. 😊

Matthias

❌ Attachment: Scope Specs Table: Short/Light Scopes 3-9x | 3-12x

⚠️OK, I'm giving up: I tried three time to attach a PDF file with the specs of 42 scopes — but somehow the file does not upload from my phone. ➔ If interested, PM me.

Last edited by JungleShooter; 12-25-2020 at 08:38 PM.