Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
10x42 binos choices >

10x42 binos choices

Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

10x42 binos choices

Old 12-28-2016, 09:06 PM
Super Moderator

The wife has pointed out that I may have to get a pair of 8x42's also. Dang it Kelly, you sure are raising heck with my budget.
Old 12-29-2016, 09:25 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by CalHunter
The wife has pointed out that I may have to get a pair of 8x42's also. Dang it Kelly, you sure are raising heck with my budget.
LOL. Sorry about that. Never told ya to look at amazon though
Old 12-29-2016, 12:39 PM
Super Moderator

We went up to Cabela's outside of Reno last month on an anniversary trip and looked at a lot of binos. We both liked the vortex Razor glass but it was simply too pricey. We looked at the Vulture glass and it was about 90-95% of what the Razor was at half the price ($600). We looked at the Diamondback but it was too far down the ladder in quality. Not a bad pair of binos but just not comparable to the vulture or Razor glass.

I have a 25-year-old pair of Swarovski SLC binos (7x30) that is kind of my baseline for binos. They cost me $400 back then and today's current model is about $800. My wife has looked through my Swarovski's and likes the clarity, size and weight. When we checked binos, she liked the Razor best but also noted the Vulture was pretty close. I told her we should wait to see if Cabela's put them on sale as $600 was a little pricey for our budget back then. At $457, that is a steal. I may have to pick up a pair of Vulture 8x42's also (they were $489 on amazon yesterday), depending on which magnification she prefers but I am definitely going to enjoy field testing both.
Old 12-30-2016, 07:46 PM
Spike

Nikon Monarch 7 8x42 works great for me