Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
Are you looking for a hunting camera with great zoom? >

Are you looking for a hunting camera with great zoom?

Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

Are you looking for a hunting camera with great zoom?

Old 12-07-2016, 04:29 AM
Typical Buck

Default Are you looking for a hunting camera with great zoom?

I enjoy videoing while I bowhunt and its was time for an upgrade. The requirements of my bowhunting cam is that its got to be small enough to come out of the pocket easily and light weight and it has to have great zoom. I took advantage of cyber Monday sales and got a Cannon SX720 HS pocket cam. It’s a very compact 20 mega pixel camera but has 40X optical zoom. I have found that carrying a high zoom cam while bowhunting eliminates the need to carry binos.

Here is a zoom test. I think this is enough reach for me. Im thinking of putting in a food plot to the east of that big crater. Make sure to set the youtube quality to HD to appreciate the detail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2mP...ature=youtu.be

While researching what camera to buy I looked at the zoom capabilities of cameras on youtube. Here are zoom tests others had done that sold me on this pocket camera.

I got the camera for $279. If you are looking to self film or want a pocket cam to take on your bow hunts, give this camera a look.
Old 12-07-2016, 05:09 AM
Banned

here's another that might be worth a look. been thinking about this one for myself.
https://ultimatepred...-adventure-cam/
Old 12-07-2016, 06:17 AM
Typical Buck

I have one of those as well.
Old 12-07-2016, 01:42 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by DIY_guy
I have one of those as well.
how do you like it?
Old 12-07-2016, 06:50 PM
Typical Buck

Very much. Happy I bought it.
Old 12-08-2016, 06:23 AM
Banned

how would you compare the two. do you prefer one over the other or pretty compareable.
Old 12-09-2016, 04:48 AM
Typical Buck

two diff animals. I bought the Cannon for the zoom and while the ultimate predator action can can zoom, its nothing compared to the cannon. The action can does things the cannon wont and vice-versa.
Old 12-25-2020, 08:58 PM
Spike

I've found the Tactacam fits my requirements best, it's just simple and straight-forward, whereas other setups requiere buying special lenses, or they are not very sturdy, etc. etc.

The SideShot is nice if one already has a GoPro to go with that....

PhoneSkope — well, if I have a cellphone to spare for only scope camming, great, but I'm not mounting my cellphone on the scope, just to keep taking it off to use it.... — way too valuable source of info, ballistic apps, maps, notebook, target maps....

Matthias
Old 01-15-2021, 03:19 AM
Spike

I really enjoy using Canon SX720, even though that's my first one ever, no regrets yet