Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
The best rifle scope for the money >

The best rifle scope for the money

Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

The best rifle scope for the money

Old 12-06-2016, 11:01 PM
Spike

Default The best rifle scope for the money

Hey,

I've recently just posted up my first writeup comparing what I think are some of the best rifle scopes for the money.

This has been a labour of love that has taken almost 5 months of in depth testing with each scope. I feel the scopes reviewed are great for beginners and veterans alike and I have also tried to breakdown the best way to go about selecting a scope for your needs.

Please let me know what you guys think as I would really appreciate some criticism on this as well as some knowledge on what you think is the best scope for the money right now in order to pick one up and write about it for my next post.

...Deleted by CalHunter...

Last edited by CalHunter; 12-08-2016 at 03:54 PM. Reason: update text
Old 12-07-2016, 12:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Sorry, I made that decision twenty years ago

And I still have the same scope today.

Besides, I'm not sighting in for a 700 yard shot and need all those optics. Never did get in a range finder. Thats all in my sight in procedure at 100 yards.

Us old guys have to save money.
Old 12-07-2016, 09:51 PM
Spike

Since I have no kids I can afford to test these out and write about them. What scope do you have anyway?

Also what did you think of the article?
Old 12-08-2016, 06:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

For everyone's information, that is not a post he wants people to click on, but rather a website owned by the OP that is tied into Amazon.com as a money maker. Knowing that, I still went down through that lengthy dissertation and I'm afraid I would have to disagree with most of what was written regarding the various ones you picked based on their cost. All the "go to" rifles in my safes have Leupolds on them and I've never had a single problem with any of them. Some have even been out of production for many moons since I have a number of decades of shooting/hunting under my belt. I live by the old saying that "you get what you pay for" and feel that is certainly true regarding scopes and I won't cut corners to save a few bucks when buying one. I know Leupold is a time tested company out there that has great products for the money and even more they have an unbeatable lifetime warranty if something ever does happen and requires that the company be contacted. I guess you could say that I'm a Leupold guy all the way and will never change. Also, I see that you made a post in another thread on this site saying you had heard Leupold scopes are good, made in the USA, and are asking for comments. That would tell me that you must be a newbie in the shooting/hunting sports if you are making a comment like that and asking questions about one of the oldest and best companies in the business.

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 12-08-2016 at 05:06 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 12-08-2016, 06:52 AM
Banned

x2 . not sayng others aren't good scopes but leoupolds have never failed me. they have a great warranty but I have never needed it. that says all that need be said.
Old 12-08-2016, 02:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

My rifles like Leupold and Swarovski. Nuff said.
Old 12-12-2016, 08:15 PM
Spike

Awesome thanks for the help

I did test out all the scopes and I have been shooting for a number of years. Leupold scopes where very good but the bushnell one I have tested did not loose zero even after putting over 100 rounds through my rifle at the range and for the price I rate it as a very good scope.

Leupold is a great brand however the lack of fog proofing on some of their scopes really sucks as much of the competition already includes this.
Old 12-13-2016, 07:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by StuartDell
Awesome thanks for the help

I did test out all the scopes and I have been shooting for a number of years. Leupold scopes where very good but the bushnell one I have tested did not loose zero even after putting over 100 rounds through my rifle at the range and for the price I rate it as a very good scope.

Leupold is a great brand however the lack of fog proofing on some of their scopes really sucks as much of the competition already includes this.
Please tell me how you came up with that statement that some Leupold scopes lack fog proofing. Even their cheapest scope that they call the Rifleman is nitrogen filled and sealed to eliminate moisture and fogging! Also, are you making money when you post on Forums and get hits/views like you are on this website? It appears to the best of my knowledge that your website that you had posted for us to click on that has your review and that was deleted by a Super Moderator is tied in with Amazon as a money maker for you and that company. True or false? Do you buy or are possibly given the various products you test from them?

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 12-13-2016 at 07:14 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 12-13-2016, 08:45 AM
Spike

I'm sure he's meaning external fogging of Leupolds lenses. Would be nice of Leupold. I don't know why it's not used but they must have their reasons.
Old 12-13-2016, 09:04 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by ezearl
I'm sure he's meaning external fogging of Leupold's lenses. Would be nice of Leupold. I don't know why it's not used but they must have their reasons.
ezearl - Thats exactly what I mean, many of their competitors also have fog proofing on the outside of the scope to prevent this. If scopes fogged on the inside that would just be a terrible scope and no worth the money but even a lot of cheap $50 scopes don't fog on the inside.

Topgun 3006 - Yes the links on the site are linked to amazon for affiliate purposes, I dont lie about this and thats also why it is mentioned on the footer of the website. If you look around the net you will find that 90% of the websites reviewing products have affiliate links its just the way the internet works. The products reviewed on this site where purchased with my money and not donated for reviews, the affiliate links are just a way to try and recoup some of these costs and the costs of running a website.

I am not directly trying to sell any products to you but asking for your opinions on the article written and to try and help new scope buyers with information.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.