Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
The best rifle scope for the money >

The best rifle scope for the money

Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

The best rifle scope for the money

Old 11-08-2017, 05:15 PM
Spike

My Vortex Razor HD 3.5-18x is awesome. Cost an at and a leg, but love it!
Old 02-16-2018, 09:22 AM
Spike

Hello! I recommend atn x-sight II hd 3-14x (https://www.atncorp.com/smart-hd-weapon-sight). This scope is relatively inexpensive and has good features.
Old 05-24-2018, 03:02 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by AssassinTactical
Hey there,

If you are trying to find the best scope that ensures your best possible hunting experience, please visit assassintactical.com.
We carry a wide variety of Pulsar Thermal Imaging and Night Vision Scopes. We ship anywhere in the US.
Thumbs up (Y)... I try this site and get the results that I want. Thanks
Old 05-19-2020, 10:16 AM
Spike

Vortex scopes are great, but too expensive for me(
Old 12-25-2020, 08:15 PM
Spike

The question is interesting, but really vaaaaaage! 😊

"Best" without a purpose and context is almost impossible to define....
Naming scope brands, magnification ranges, and specific models is well intentioned. 😊
However, without knowing in what shooting scenarios the scope will be used —
what the personal preferences are of the user —
and what the budget is —
well, it's like saying the best motorcycle for the money is a Harley, or Honda CRF450, or a motor scooter, or a Goldwing..... 🤣

🔶 Scopes have so many functions and features that the scope shopper should know how these fuctions and features support or hinder the kind of shooting he/she is planning on doing.
▪Otherwise, they might end up with a scope with MOA turrets but a MIL reticle.
▪Or a scope with such a small objective lens and low quality glass coatings that the intended dusk/dawn shooting in the thick woods ends up in the dark optically speaking.

▪Or a scope with too little elevation adjustment that shooting both close range 100y and long range 1000y isn't possible without changing the cant of the scope every time with adjustable rings or a canted rail.

▪Or a scope with outstanding glass quality following the recommendations of the glass purists among us — but this particular shooter might not even notice(!) the chromatic aberrration and darkening around the edges! A scope for half the money would have been more than enough in this case.

▪etc. etc. 😄

🔶 Figure out what you want to shoot and how you plan to aim at it. Then match that with the functions/ features offered by different scope models. 👍🏼😊

Matthias
Old 01-15-2021, 03:26 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by LeoOtrue
Vortex scopes are great, but too expensive for me(

​​​​​​The price is pretty reasonable for the quality that you get. Even though you also pay for a brand
Old 02-22-2021, 03:50 AM
Spike

I would go with Nikon P-Tactical .223 3-9×40 Matte BDC600
Old 02-22-2021, 12:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by lindasills
I would go with Nikon P-Tactical .223 3-9×40 Matte BDC600
A reminder - Nikon ceased production of riflescopes prior to Nov of 2019. They ceased warranty replacements and repairs last summer, and are only offering vouchers for binoculars as “replacement value” now. They also changed their “lifetime warranty” in the last couple of months for all new purchase scopes to no longer be transferrable, and only last 5yrs from date of purchase - also requiring ALL warranty claims to include an original receipt proving date of purchase (determinant of post or pre this change to their warranty).

And of course, they’ve been an anti-hunting, left leaning organization for many years, decades, which have produced over-priced optics with bad dynamic clarity, relatively poor tracking, and terrible edge lensing issues for as many years... so not the best optic choice in the 2021 market, nor that prior.
Old 04-28-2022, 10:57 PM
Spike

I was looking for a proper red dot for my rifle as my friend had great last season with a lot of tropheys thanks to it. So I went to my range and asked there advice from my fellows - they highly recommended Romeo5 but also gave me advice to try them personally as how many people have so many opinions. So I tried the Romeo5 - a small, compact, and fantastic vehicle. Because the Romeo5 is a Sig, it has a strong pedigree to begin with. But I decided to try something else and I was given the Bushnell - although the Bushnell is an AK with a solid heritage, the Sig is a higher-end model for some. The TRS-25 is tiny, light, accurate, and rugged enough for most situations. The Sig Romeo5 is a sturdy little cookie that lasts a long time and outlasts the Duracell bunny. Both supplied me with good solutions when I tried them out in the field. The Romeo gained an advantage thanks to the MOTAC's automated brightness adjustment, which represents a significant difference in combat conditions. I can recommend both as I liked them equally
Old 09-01-2023, 12:35 AM
Spike

Default How to Choose the Best Rifle Scope for the Money and Where to Find Night Vision Scope

There are many factors to consider when choosing the best rifle scope for the money, such as magnification, objective lens size, reticle type, durability, and warranty. Based on some web search results, here are a few options that you may want to check out:
  • Nikon Prostaff Shotgun Hunter 2-7x32 Rifle Scope BCD 200: This scope has a BDC 200 reticle that is designed for slug guns and muzzleloaders. It has a generous eye relief, fully multicoated optics, and a waterproof and fog proof construction. It costs around $200.
  • Vortex Crossfire II 4-12x50mm AO Rifle Scope: This scope has an adjustable objective lens that allows you to eliminate parallax and focus on your target. It has a Dead-Hold BDC reticle that is good for hunting and shooting at varying ranges. It has a fast-focus eyepiece, resettable MOA turrets, and a durable aircraft-grade aluminum tube. It costs around $250.
  • Maven RS.4 5-30x56 FFP Rifle Scope: This scope is the best rifle scope money can buy according to American Firearms. It has a large 56mm objective lens that provides excellent light transmission and clarity. It has a first focal plane reticle that maintains its size relative to the target at any magnification. It has a zero stop feature, locking turrets, and an illuminated reticle. It costs around $2,000.
If you are looking for night vision scopes, you may want to visit Talon Gear website where they offer a variety of scopes with night vision capabilities.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.