Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
Your Ratings for Low Light Binoculars >

Your Ratings for Low Light Binoculars

Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

Your Ratings for Low Light Binoculars

Old 10-05-2016, 10:12 AM
Super Moderator

Default Your Ratings for Low Light Binoculars

An older topic from last year was recently revived but the OP in that topic was looking for the best low light binos for under $100. This is an especially useful topic that would be very timely with deer and bear seasons upon us. With that in mind, list your top 3 picks for low light binos in each price bracket and any observations on their performance. On a side note, has anybody used the Vortex Vulture 8x56 binos? Curious on your feedback.

1. Under $500.

2. Under $1,000.

3. Under $1,500.

4. Over $1,500.
Old 10-05-2016, 01:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I honestly couldn';t even take a guess here,ma s there are just WAY too many makes and models out there today, and then add in close outs and discontinued models
Price is Only a small part of things here

learn how optic's work some and go look at models in "X" price range NEXT to each other , is MY best advice on HOW to buy the best PAIR FOR "x" DOLLARS?
ALSO
something I think MOST guys never even consider is monocular's
I prefer them in archery season, to keep things small and light as possible can work with ONE hand, easier to transition from looking to shooting(takes more practice finding things with one however)

I carry a 10x42, HALF the space of a pair of binoculars and HALF the weight?
food for though? HAHA!

Last edited by mrbb; 10-05-2016 at 01:09 PM.
Old 12-06-2016, 04:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have only owned two pair of binos in my adult life. I bought a pair of Cabela's brand 10x42s about 18 years ago. They worked great and set me back $300. I still have them today as a backup pair.

As my salary increased and discretionary income became more abundant I started looking to upgrade my optics. I settled on a pair of Swarovski EL 10x42s. They are hands down the finest glass I have ever used and shine at dusk and dawn low light conditions. Expenseive? Yes. They run about $2,500 but with sales and discounts I was able to get a new pair for $1,800. Should be my last pair of binos I will buy.