Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
Sig Sauer Kilo Rangefinder >

Sig Sauer Kilo Rangefinder

Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

Sig Sauer Kilo Rangefinder

Old 10-06-2017, 05:32 PM
Spike

Default Kilo2200LRH

I traded my Kilo 2000 in for the new Kilo2200 from Cabelas. I noticed that the new 2200LRH does not have the auto brightness feature. It does have a smaller reticle though. Does anyone know what other features the new2200LRH vs 2000 offer. or did I actually downgrade?
Old 10-07-2017, 05:27 AM
Typical Buck

Yesterday got a Leupold 850. My first. I like how compact is, and don't like how small the writing is. Ha. Distance is fine. Not sure how much I will use other features.

I bought it mostly for bow. It is heavily wooded by me, and long shots are rare. Last gun season was 20 yards or less. Bought I am using 45-70 this year, which can shoot far, if you know how far, far is. With 30-06 I wasn't concerned about 150 vs 200 yards, with how mine was sighted in.
Old 10-09-2017, 02:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by mjw176
I traded my Kilo 2000 in for the new Kilo2200 from Cabelas. I noticed that the new 2200LRH does not have the auto brightness feature. It does have a smaller reticle though. Does anyone know what other features the new2200LRH vs 2000 offer. or did I actually downgrade?
From what I understand about them, the 2200 LRH (Long Range Hunter" was a Cabela's Exclusive, base model of the 2200.

I own both a 2000 and a 2200, one of my 2000's spit the bit, Sig replaced it with a 2200MR. The 2200 has a smaller reticle, AND of course, the "MR" feature is nice for those of us who like graduated reticles to read impact corrections.

What I can say - I don't think you gained much of anything by trading the 2000 for the 2200. It's the exact same chassis, just with a different reticle. If yours doesn't have automatic brightness as an option, then you need to send it back to Sig, as that IS a listed feature for the 2200 LRH. The 2200 is reported to be faster, but honestly, I cannot tell the difference between the two, Against my Bushnell 1-Mile and my Leica 1600b, the Sig's are both the fastest, and frankly, if I said I could perceive a difference in their speed, I'd be lying. Both the Kilo 2000 and 2200 have "deer" ranges of 1200-1300, non-reflective of 1500-1600, and max readable range on reflective targets at 3,400yrds. The 2200 has a beam divergence published at 1.3mrad, whereas the 2000 was 1.4 or 1.5mrad (have seen both published). Either way, we're not talking about a huge difference, say, compared to the Leica with a .5x2.5mrad divergence, or the Terrapin with the 0.3x1.5mrad - 1.4 vs. 1.5 really doesn't make a difference, it's 3" on a 47" beam at 1,000yrds...

Effectively, you got the exact same thing back, but with a smaller reticle.

For the purpose of the thread - I'll admit, after having this time to play with my 2000, and now my 2200 too, the Leica does give me longer range reads on non-reflective targets more reliably and more easily. Not a big issue, and I have to get past about 1,400yrds before it becomes an issue, but I can notice it. I wouldn't pay more for the Leica just for that unless I were doing a lot more ELR shooting than I am, which is already a lot more than most guys ever do in their life, so I'm still very happy with the Sig's. Both seem to read equally well in low light, but I get a better image in the Leica than the Sig as well - like most optics, the Sig gets a bit of a weird blue hue in the evenings which the Leica doesn't pick up. It's still a great image, very good resolution, it's just a coatings issue - the Leica obviously uses better IR/UV coatings.

I'll also note, I got the Bushnell 1mile Conx for a song, so I picked it up this summer. I have not used the ConX feature as of yet. It's a big ol' chunky thing compared to the Leica or Sig, but it has done very well for me on ranging so far. The downside for it is the large beam divergence, which is 1.5x3mrad!!! It's huge, so you get a lot of bad readings on small targets. It's fast, way faster than my other Bushnell LRF's, but it's big, and for the money, a guy is really buying the ConX option, not any great feature of the rangefinder itself. With the option to link it to a smart Kestrel and use the AB ballistic solver, it's probably the cheapest opportunity to get into a combo LRF/ballistic computer, but I think a guy would be better served, personally, by owning a Sig or Leica, connecting the smart Kestrel directly to their smart phone, and using the AB mobile app, instead of using the Bushnell Elite 1 mile. I got it so cheap, I don't really have anything bad to say about it, but if I were talking street prices, the Sig is the better LRF for the money by a long stretch.
Old 10-10-2017, 02:55 PM
Spike

I agree with you nomercy, it seems like I lost the auto brightness feature but gained the smaller reticle. I am not sure which would be the greater benefit. Any of the other features that the 2200 may have I do not notice. I am not sure if it even shoots at longer distances and by how much
Old 10-10-2017, 06:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Something is wrong if you don't have Auto Brightness. The LRH is spec'd to have it - all of the 2000+ models have auto and user adjustable "Lumatic" displays (the 850 and 1250 have "transmissive" displays). Either you're just jumping over it in the display brightness menu, or something is buggy in your programming - a call to Sig would get you straightened out though. They sent me an RMA for my 2000 when it wouldn't power on, and I had a replacement 2200MR in my hands within 10days - it was only in their hands for a day before the replacement was mailed out.
Old 10-11-2017, 06:01 PM
Spike

Well, I called Sig Sauer today and they made me feel like I was nuts. They told me that the specs indicated that neither the 2000 or2200 had the Lumatic display and that that would just eat up the battery life having it constantly monitor and change to light conditions. I swore it states it on the box and I could of swore that my old 2000 had the Auto feature during the set up for brightness. There is no recognizable difference between the two except for the smaller reticle and internal programming that the user would never notice???
Old 10-11-2017, 07:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

The 2000 does have the adjustable and auto brightness. I'm holding mine right now. My 2nd 2000 was exactly the same. And my 2200MR also has it. The LRH is listed as having it.

I'd say you got the new dipschitt on the phone.
Old 11-07-2017, 03:59 AM
Super Moderator

My cabelas has a good deal going on the 2200lrh right now.. I'm gonna head out tomorrow and pick one up I think.

-JaKe
Old 11-08-2017, 05:13 PM
Spike

Love mine, great product and definitely recommend it. Got it on sale from Cabela’s!
Old 07-12-2019, 04:17 PM
Spike

I just received my Kilo3000BDX binos and I'm in a fog as it only shows the AMR best red LED and ranges ok I guess but the sig app is limited to only a few Cal. so do I need to download a different app in order to sync with my Droid. I'm old, fat and lazy, well that's what I tell people anyway
Just need a little hekp I thing as the Tech stuff is not meHhardrock