Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

Vortex

Old 11-19-2015, 02:41 PM
Spike

Default Vortex

I realize everyone has their own preference, but I have recently started switching all my optics to Vortex.
For the money, I just don't know of another brand out there that can compare. They are some of the best glass you can get. But what makes them head and shoulders above the rest is the VIP warranty. No matter what the reason is for damage, they will fix or replace them for free. Run over them with the truck? Free replacement. Wife drops them out of the tree stand? Free replacement.

Just some info I'd thought I'd share with some hunting friends.
Old 11-19-2015, 09:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

I like them well enough......................

Hopefully they are still around 20 years from now !
Old 11-28-2015, 02:25 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Sheridan
I like them well enough......................

Hopefully they are still around 20 years from now !
Initially this was my concern, still is to a point. Everyone always says how great the warranty is, doesn't really matter if the company is gone. They are gaining a loyal following and are making pretty good products at their price points. I bought a cheaper Vortex for a 22, good product for the money. Will look at them harder in the future.
Old 11-30-2015, 09:23 AM
Fork Horn

I don't think the glass (dollar for dollar) is near as good or as clear as Leupold NIkon or Zeiss in the same price range. Sure you can jump up to the Viper Line and get some good Optics but then you are over paying for what you are getting compared to those companies.

The Diamond Back Series is basically on par with Bushnells entry level glass the Banner series and Simmons higher end series. Leupold Vari X1 will beat it and Vari X11 will blow it out of the water. Nikons entry level Buckmaster is a huge improvement and priced about the same. Redfield's offerings IMHO give it a good run for the money. I just don't see why everyone says its the best value for your money when the glass is not all that great. Sure the warranty is good. But so is Leupold, and Redfield.
Old 11-30-2015, 07:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

As I said.........................There are "good ones" that have been out there for a while now !!!
Old 11-30-2015, 11:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I saw this post and thought, well, I am a Nikon fan and have been for years now. Matter of fact, every single one of my weapons wearing glass wears a Nikon product. BUT I am a big fan of giving companies a look if they offer me value in a product as well as quality. So, over the weekend I made my usual little trip to Cabelas for some x-mas looking. Looked through a few scopes then did me a little comparing. 3-9x40 Prostaff for $179 vs. 3-9x40 Diamondback for $199.....Results as far as clarity and light?? Not even close!!! Nikon won that one hands down. Vortex wasn't even in the same league. So, to give them a fair shake I picked up the new Diamondback HD 3-12x42 that sells for $389. It was about the same as the cheaper Nikon!!! Maybe a smidge brighter but certainly not $210 brighter! Conclusion, if their top end scopes can't match wits with another makers cheapest line then I honestly can't see them staying in business for much longer. I didn't even bother to compare the Monarchs to the Razor. A warranty means absolutely nothing to me if the quality of the product sucks wind to begin with.
Old 12-01-2015, 10:45 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by super_hunt54
I saw this post and thought, well, I am a Nikon fan and have been for years now. Matter of fact, every single one of my weapons wearing glass wears a Nikon product. BUT I am a big fan of giving companies a look if they offer me value in a product as well as quality. So, over the weekend I made my usual little trip to Cabelas for some x-mas looking. Looked through a few scopes then did me a little comparing. 3-9x40 Prostaff for $179 vs. 3-9x40 Diamondback for $199.....Results as far as clarity and light?? Not even close!!! Nikon won that one hands down. Vortex wasn't even in the same league. So, to give them a fair shake I picked up the new Diamondback HD 3-12x42 that sells for $389. It was about the same as the cheaper Nikon!!! Maybe a smidge brighter but certainly not $210 brighter! Conclusion, if their top end scopes can't match wits with another makers cheapest line then I honestly can't see them staying in business for much longer. I didn't even bother to compare the Monarchs to the Razor. A warranty means absolutely nothing to me if the quality of the product sucks wind to begin with.
That pretty much sums up my views on Vortex as well.
Old 08-15-2016, 09:02 PM
Spike

I like the vortex line but am more of a Nikon guy as some other members stated. I like the Vortex line for AR rifles like their spitfire, but prefer Nikon for my hunting rifles. They are definately a company to keep an eye on though.
Old 08-15-2016, 09:38 PM
Typical Buck

My grandson and I just purchased the Vortex Viper HS 30mm tube 2.5x10 scope and love them so far. Cabela's had the on sale for $309.
Old 08-16-2016, 01:10 PM
Spike

I would say that if the scope last even 5 to 6 years I think you've earned your money back. So a company going out of business in 20 years isn't really that big of a deal.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.