Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
Don't buy from Nikon >

Don't buy from Nikon

Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

Don't buy from Nikon

Old 10-05-2016, 04:34 PM
Spike

A new pair of binos after 20 years of hard service seems like a heck of a deal to me. I have a couple of old leupolds on the shelf that gave up the ghost after 40 years or so. The still hold their zero but are hazy inside. I could send them back,.but we got our moneys worth out of them. I think that the lifetime warranty is more to tell the customer that they are getting a well made product that they can trust. From a money stand point Nikon could probably make more money by building scopes as cheap as they can and just giving a new one to everyone who complains.

Does this mean that you are turning down my offer of new vx2s to replace your old swaros?
Old 10-07-2016, 08:10 AM
Fork Horn

[QUOTE=Superman70;4275558

Does this mean that you are turning down my offer of new vx2s to replace your old swaros?[/QUOTE]

Heck no. If I wanted to get rid of my swarovskis I would simply sell them used on Ebay and buy 6-10 VX2
Old 10-07-2016, 04:24 PM
Spike

Well that was fun !!!
Old 10-12-2016, 10:27 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by hookeye
Thank goodness they weren't Steiner Commando binoculars
Think pops sent his back twice, and then ended up with some funky other model due to discontinue.
Bird watching was brutal on them LOL.

My CS experiences? Leupold, 2 scopes jacked up (new). Fixed one quickly, replaced the other quickly. About a dozen others...........no probs. Exemplary service.

S&W- fixed a busted 629. Fast and cheap- exemplary service.

Benchmade? Needed a small part, shipped right out.Wonderful CS. Had my knife break finally. I threw it in the trash. Got 11 yrs of hard work out of it, even if a lifetime warranty, I won't hose a company like that. $130............got way more than my money's worth outta that blade.
Ive had Leupold fix one scope for me where I dropped it from a tree and bent it. It was my fault for not checking the swivels and it slipped off the stud. They fixed it NO CHARGE.

I have sent several scope mounts over the years back for one issue or another. Usually from over torking They have always sent me replacements new in the box.

I bought a brand new VXR firedot and the firedot went out in 30 days of arrival. Sent it back not only did they fix the issue but they sent me some pretty cool SWAG and a refund for my return shipping.

Call me a Leupold Fan Boy if you must but Ive never had or seen anyone having a issue with Leupold Customer service. Best bang Optics for the money IMHO.
Old 12-05-2016, 10:56 PM
Spike

I've just recently written up a review on the Nikon P-223 on my website and found it to be an excellent scope for the money.

Also deciding to look on the amazon page for this item if have found that they only offer a one year warranty: ...Deleted by CalHunter...

Last edited by CalHunter; 12-08-2016 at 03:53 PM. Reason: Entered the link wrong :(
Old 12-07-2016, 12:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default When you get old

A lifetime warranty isn't what its cracked up to be.