Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

Weaver K6

Old 10-19-2015, 07:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Weaver K6

Looking at the Classic K6 for my Weatrherby VG in 270. My concern is it has a short eye relief. I've read some reviews and when mounted on SA rifles it seems to be fine.
Compared to the Leupold FXII 6X36 its almost 1" less eye relief.
Any of you guys have experience with the Weaver on a long action?
The eye relief is my main concern, the glass gets good reviews as does the durability.
Old 10-19-2015, 02:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

I wouldn't say that a .270 would necessarily need "a lot" of eye relief.

Unless you are shooting at sharp angles up or downhill, or you are using max loads.

If so, I would choose a different scope.
Old 10-19-2015, 05:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not concerned about getting hit w/ the scope as much as "finding" the crosshairs when I shoulder the rifle
Old 10-19-2015, 07:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by jerry d
Not concerned about getting hit w/ the scope as much as "finding" the crosshairs when I shoulder the rifle
Shoulder it with your eyes closed, then open your eyes once you mount it & see if you're in the scope.

Last edited by Sheridan; 10-20-2015 at 07:36 AM.
Old 10-19-2015, 07:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by jerry d
Shoulder it with your eyes closed, then open your eyes once you mount it & see if you're in the scope.

Especially, if you don't care about getting "scoped" !!!

Worth repeating..................................

Last edited by Sheridan; 10-20-2015 at 07:37 AM.
Old 10-20-2015, 03:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sheridan, I don't think youre comprehending what im asking. Of course I don't want to get scoped. I think I know enough to mount it far enough away from the eye not to get hit.
What im asking is with the shorter eye relief than the Leuppy is the tube long enough to get the proper adjustment.

Was hoping someone may have experience with the said scope on a LA rifle.
Old 10-20-2015, 04:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

You are right that I don't know what you mean by saying;"is the tube long enough to get the proper adjustment"

Eye relief changes on a variable powered scope - more eye relief on low power & less eye relief on high power.

A fixed power scope has fixed eye relief.

One mounts a scope so they have a "full scope" all the way to the edge of the objective.

Eye relief is measured by that distance from ones eye to the ocular once one has a "full scope".

You may need to consider different rings to mount it "properly" - is that what you mean ?

Last edited by Sheridan; 10-20-2015 at 04:37 PM.
Old 10-20-2015, 04:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Sheridan
You are right that I don't know what you mean by saying;"is the tube long enough to get the proper adjustment"

One mounts a scope so they have a "full scope" all the way to the edge of the objective.

Eye relief is measured by that distance from ones eye to the ocular once one has a "full scope".

You may need to consider different rings to mount it "properly" - is that what you mean ?
YES!!! I've read where some have had an issue with this scope. But IIRC Talley makes a mount to help elevate this some what.

Was hoping some one would have first hand experience w/ this scope on a LA.

Thanks Sheridan!
Old 10-27-2015, 08:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Personally, I like longer eye relief scopes. I can't comment on that scope from experience.
Old 10-27-2015, 12:06 PM
Fork Horn

If this is what you are sking.

Weavers site says the scope is 11.3 inches long so it should but if it needs more adj. room they make front base that can be turned around to give more adj. or you could get extended rings.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.