Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
Is my swarovski still good? >

Is my swarovski still good?

Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

Is my swarovski still good?

Old 11-03-2015, 05:59 AM
Fork Horn

Unless something has happened to it that affected it in a negative way I would guess that it is as good as it ever was.
Old 11-03-2015, 02:07 PM
Typical Buck

Is a 1963 Mercedes 190SL still a nice sports car?

My Swarovski still works like the day I got it 15yrs ago. The ONLY reason I must climb down from the stand under a 1/2 moon is because the law says I have to. The scope certainly doesn't quit then. (It's a 6x24x50PVS sitting atop a Sako TRG-S in Warbird Lazzeroni)

Last year my best bud bought a new Swarovski Z3 3x9x36 (atop a new Sako Finnlight 7-08) & it's an amazing piece of work for a scope of that size! My Zeiss', Leupys, Nikon's & Redfields have never let me down either.

Some guns just deserve a "nice" tube on it. I wouldn't put a Schmidtt & Bender on a 700SPS nor would I put a Tasco World Class on a new Blaser.
Old 11-03-2015, 03:20 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by HatchieLuvr
Is a 1963 Mercedes 190SL still a nice sports car?

My Swarovski still works like the day I got it 15yrs ago. The ONLY reason I must climb down from the stand under a 1/2 moon is because the law says I have to. The scope certainly doesn't quit then. (It's a 6x24x50PVS sitting atop a Sako TRG-S in Warbird Lazzeroni)

Last year my best bud bought a new Swarovski Z3 3x9x36 (atop a new Sako Finnlight 7-08) & it's an amazing piece of work for a scope of that size! My Zeiss', Leupys, Nikon's & Redfields have never let me down either.

Some guns just deserve a "nice" tube on it. I wouldn't put a Schmidtt & Bender on a 700SPS nor would I put a Tasco World Class on a new Blaser.
I think some people are missing the OP's original question.

Its not that Are My Swarovski still good?

Its how do My Swarovski compare to TODAYS optics?

I would say a pair of Swarovski's made 15-20 years ago are about on par with mid set of $300 to $500 NON HD Binos.

I will get mine out this weekend and do some side by side testing and let you know more in depth what I think. But just off the top of my head that is what I think.
Old 11-05-2015, 03:55 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by miketodd58
I think some people are missing the OP's original question.

Its not that Are My Swarovski still good?

Its how do My Swarovski compare to TODAYS optics?

I would say a pair of Swarovski's made 15-20 years ago are about on par with mid set of $300 to $500 NON HD Binos.
I wondered the same thing so i re read my post but yes, my original question is as you see it. I know the scope is in great shape and works fine, i was just curious if all the advancements have resulted in $400-500 scopes performing as well as my 12-14 yr old $1200 scope. I think the answer is likely yes. I like my scope but would not spend that kind of money on one again even tho I can prob afford it more today than i could back then

Last edited by tealboy; 11-06-2015 at 01:36 AM.
Old 11-05-2015, 09:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

There are great optics companies that just don't have the marketing budgets like some others.

But it never hurts to get a "full" lifetime warranty from a company that has been around for a long time when spending your hard earned dollars !
Old 10-04-2016, 07:12 PM
Spike

Send me that raggedy old swarovski and I will send you a brand new vx2. 3x9x40. I will pay the shipping on both.