HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Optics (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/optics-85/)
-   -   Conquest HD 10x42 (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/optics/400159-conquest-hd-10x42.html)

Big Uncle 07-08-2015 09:33 AM

Conquest HD 10x42

I had picked up a pair of the Zeiss Conquest HD 10x42 binoculars a while ago. They are full size and not particularly light weight, but they are clear and bright. These are good quality binoculars and I like them.

I still like the Swarovski binoculars better but these are a whole lot less expensive (half the price or so). I have formed the opinion that the Conquest line is a bit overpriced due to the nice little Zeiss label, but they are still good products. To me they compare fairly well with the Meopta and the top-of-the-line Vortex binoculars. I think I like the Meoptas the best of that group but the Conquest is a tiny bit lighter and would be my second pick. If I find the right pair of 8x Conquest binoculars on sale I will probably pick them up for my wife.

Anyone looking for a nice pair of binoculars would not go wrong with the Conquest if they are in the budget.

Disclaimer: I am an ordinary guy - not an optics "expert".

bugsNbows 07-09-2015 08:45 AM

Ive been very happy with my Vortex Razor HD 8X binoc.

Big Uncle 07-09-2015 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by bugsNbows (Post 4206109)
Ive been very happy with my Vortex Razor HD 8X binoc.

I have a friend that has those in 10X and he seems happy with them. If he had it to do over again he has said that he might not have chosen them, but they are clear and solidly built so he has no complaints at all. Nice binoculars. He likes them but believes that the others are at least as good and priced a bit less.

bugsNbows 07-10-2015 11:42 AM

Meopta also has some very decent offerings.

Big Uncle 07-10-2015 12:09 PM

Yes they do. I really like the Meopta but I do not think you could go wrong with any of the offerings from major manufacturers in that price range. The only problem is the price range itself.

I do not know if they make them anymore but I have a pair of Leupold McKinley 10X glasses that only ran about $600 that are (to my eyes) the equal of anything I have seen for twice that price. When I bought the Zeiss Conquests I was really looking for another pair of McKinley in 8X but eventually decided to try the Conquests.

Rob in VT 07-18-2015 03:24 PM

I have been looking for a while now. I know they are expensive but I think I am going with the Swarovski EL 10x42s. I just need to find the best price on them now.

Big Uncle 07-18-2015 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Rob in VT (Post 4207725)
I have been looking for a while now. I know they are expensive but I think I am going with the Swarovski EL 10x42s. I just need to find the best price on them now.

I do not think you can do any better than the EL. However, I actually like the SLC HD just as well and like the way it fits my hand better than the open bridge design of the EL. To my eyes the view through the EL and the SLC is the same. As a big bonus the SLC usually runs about $500 - $600 less.

You can never go wrong with Swarovski. Great choice.

kidoggy 07-18-2015 04:13 PM

I have a pair of slc 10x50 that I've owned for about twenty years now . they get used, and I have never been displeased with them. have had to replace eye cups twice now , which swarovski sent me , no charge and quickly both times. their customer service is excellent and they have earned my loyalty. I will never again buy another brand. I know they are expensive but they will last.