Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
Best Low value Binoculars >

Best Low value Binoculars

Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

Best Low value Binoculars

Old 03-05-2015, 04:18 AM
Fork Horn

Default Best Low value Binoculars

What up guys! I'm looking to get some new binoculars but I don't have the money at the moment to spend more than $100 on some. Can someone tell me a very clear, durable, and low cost binocular that they use?
Old 03-05-2015, 04:22 AM
Banned

nope, I cannot. this is just my opinion but in that price range,I do not believe it is possible to get a new pair that is worth owning. you might try e-bay, might be possible to get a higher quality pair, used.

Last edited by kidoggy; 03-05-2015 at 04:26 AM.
Old 03-05-2015, 08:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

Use the price point you are looking for here.

.................and read all of the reviews !

http://www.opticsplanet.com/binoculars.html
Old 03-05-2015, 08:16 AM
Typical Buck

Nikon 8246 Aculon A211 10x42 Binoculars. Not to bad for the price. a little bigger than I want to carry around but I have buddies who use them. 83.69 before tax at walmart.com

Last edited by grinder67; 03-05-2015 at 08:18 AM. Reason: price
Old 03-05-2015, 08:42 AM
Super Moderator

I have owned and used binoculars that cost $100 or less and have never been that impressed with the quality. They would typically suck in low light (a lot of great hunting happens then), be a little harder to get a sharp focus on overcast or foggy days and sometimes weren't bright enough in heavier brush or trees.

A buddy of mine received a pair of Redfield binoculars (I think it was the Rebel model) for a thank you gift a couple years ago. He was impressed with the quality during daylight and at low-light. They were well built and seemed like they would last (he still has them). They seem to go for around $150 nowadays although I think they were on some kind of sale back then for around $125. I tested them in evening low light on a deer hunting trip and was very impressed.

It's your money and only you know how long it would take to save a little bit more (up to $150 or so). If you're able to do so, it would likely end up in you being able to buy a surprisingly good pair of binos (much better than a $100 model) that you would use for a long time and feel like you got your money's worth.

Hopefully this helps some. Let us know how it works out.
Old 03-05-2015, 06:59 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Outdoor Addiction
What up guys! I'm looking to get some new binoculars but I don't have the money at the moment to spend more than $100 on some. Can someone tell me a very clear, durable, and low cost binocular that they use?

I can do you one better than that.

I use some really high dollar optics. But I keep these in the truck for bang a rounds and for 3 D shoots. Great optics for the price.
http://www.amazon.com/Weaver-Kaspa-8...ds=Weaver+8x42

$80 bucks you can do far worse.
Old 04-27-2015, 10:03 AM
Boone & Crockett

Nikon has a pair of 10x25s that are very clear are great for both archer and rifle hunting. Especially when matched up with a set of Crooked River or similar straps.
Old 04-27-2015, 12:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Agree, the Nikon Travelite series are very nice compacts for the $. Nikon compacts

I know you can spend more $ and get better, but for the $...imo, they are hard to beat. I have 2 pairs, one is 10+yrs old. They are crisp, clear, super easy to use & focus.
Most people say that you HAVE to spend alot of $ to get something worth using, I'll disagree. Of course the more you spend the better you typically get, but that doesn't mean that anything less than expensive is junk.

I have a pair of $400 Nikons that are super nice - obviously better than my compacts. The majority of the time I end up taking my compacts. Sure, you suffer a little at low light (as with any compact)...but I really like the compactness of them, and I don't feel like I lose much of anything using them. It fits my hunting style much better overall and I use them for bow, ML, & rifle. I prefer the 8x25 model, as it gives a tad more in low light than 10x or 12x, albeit probably not much.

Now, one thing I will say... these are miles ahead of the super cheapos (ie: $19-39 binos - tasco, bushnell, simmons, etc). I have had a couple pairs of those that have been given to my kids by non-hunting family members over the years, and they ain't worth a crap. Almost impossible to use.

My buddy bought a Leupold compact last year, it was pretty nice too. Similar to the Nikon's and about the same price point. I can't remember what the name was.
Old 04-28-2015, 05:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Low value?? I use 10X25 Tascos that I paid less then $10 for a couple of years ago. They do not compare with the Nikons and Redfields but they work OK for me. If you want better then save the $90 left over and add to it until you have enough. Meanwhile, you have something to use--which is a whole lot better then nothing. If you break them or lose them it is no big loss.
Old 05-13-2015, 02:11 PM
Typical Buck

THey had demos in of these right around $100 a while ago, keep an eye on them (also a pretty good sale anyway). I'd look for some used older Nikon ATBs or anything from Vortex, since the warranty is transferrable.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.