Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
opinions on redfield >

opinions on redfield

Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

opinions on redfield

Old 12-21-2013, 05:28 PM
Spike

Default opinions on redfield

redfield revenge 3-9x42 lets hear the goods and bad before I click order.. total will be 110 after rebates and special from the store im ordering from.
Old 12-21-2013, 05:42 PM
Typical Buck

All know is it not made in America, like the revolution.
Old 12-21-2013, 06:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

[QUOTE=Bbj270;4109904]All know is it not made in America, like the revolution.[/QUOTE

http://redfield.com/riflescopes/

Owned by Leupold now - "kinda" their new entry level brand.

I have a buddy of mine that just got a 4X-12X 40MM Revolution - seemed pretty good to me.

Last edited by Sheridan; 12-21-2013 at 07:00 PM.
Old 12-21-2013, 08:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Redfield used to be a really highly rated scope, my father had one on a 7mm Rem Mag for over 20 years before it got destroyed in a rock slide. Then they sort of went away and came back. I don't know what the new ones are like. I'm pretty big on Leupold and they make Redfield now so they are probably decent. I'm not in the scope market so I haven't had a reason to look at them.
Old 12-25-2013, 08:08 AM
Fork Horn

The Redfields are certainly worthy of looking at. Not a bad scope when you can get them at discounted prices and rebates.

I spent some time recently comparing them.

My thoughts are the Nikon Buckmaster and Minox ZV3 which are similar in price points are much clearer and gather light better at Dusk. Again it depends on the discounts and the rebates and your willingness to compromise. Knowing Redfield and Leupolds quality...Structurally they will withstand the pounding of the heaviest recoil.

The place NOT to compare scopes is on the showroom floor. I suspect that scope companies are coating their lens in such a way to make their lens look better under artificial lights.

Get some of the crap brand scopes that everyone is gaga about out in the woods and they simply do not pass the test.