Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
Crooked reticle picture on scope >

Crooked reticle picture on scope

Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

Crooked reticle picture on scope

Old 11-24-2013, 06:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

My suggestion is to forget trying to salvage this scope. I have had such poor experience personally with Tasco as have many, many friends of mine that went the economy route way back when. I personally would not spend my $$$ on a Tasco.

That Ruger should be a very good shooter and in my book "deserves" the best scope that you can afford. There have been a lot of good things said about the Vortex brand these days. I am a fan of the Ziess Conquest as a great value buy, but these do not come cheap these days.
Old 11-24-2013, 07:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

Pitch the Tasco into the nearest trash can and go get a Leupold. Problem solved.
Old 11-24-2013, 10:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by flags
Pitch the Tasco into the nearest trash can and go get a Leupold. Problem solved.
That being said if anyone has any Japan manufactured Tasco scopes let me know. I'll give ya $5 to take them from ya.
Old 01-08-2014, 01:58 PM
Fork Horn

Just my two cents here so take it for what its worth....most if not all Tasco scopes have a lifetime warranty...yeah ya might burn a buck or two shipping it back, then again you might end up with something that works just fine for what you will be using it for!!!
I have had tasco scopes on many of my rifles as well as Bushnell's the best shooting rifle I have which is a Sako Finnbear in .300 H&H had a Bushnell on it since 1965....I never had a problem with what many consider an inferior scope, it never lost it's zero the only reason I finally did replace it was because the glass in it was just not the best for low light shooting as most scopes of that vintage were so handicapped!! send it back see what can be done you might be pleasantly surprised................
Old 01-10-2014, 07:07 AM
Fork Horn

Lots of Tasco hate.

Tascos are like a beater automobile. They can get you from point A to point B, but without a lot of style or flair. We'd all rather be driving sports cars and showing off.

I have a couple Tascos on old guns, and they still hold zero. Sometimes that's all you really need on a plinker.