Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
Weaver Nitrex 3x9x42 >

Weaver Nitrex 3x9x42

Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

Weaver Nitrex 3x9x42

Old 05-08-2013, 09:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Weaver Nitrex 3x9x42

Just ordered a Nitrex TR One 3-9x42mm Scope with Matte Finish and TrexPlex Reticle.

Anyone have any experience with this line of Weaver scopes?
Old 05-08-2013, 06:56 PM
Spike

I have two of them, each one sits on a muzzleloader and I have found them to be reliable, clear and a great value. I like both of them. No issues with me on eye relief or seeing at dawn or dusk.

John
Old 09-06-2013, 11:05 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by UncleNorby
Just ordered a Nitrex TR One 3-9x42mm Scope with Matte Finish and TrexPlex Reticle.

Anyone have any experience with this line of Weaver scopes?
Best kept secret in a quality scope out there.

I ordered 3 of these in from Natchez for $99 bucks . I gotta tell you this is a whole lot of scope for the money.

I have compared it side by side to my Nikon Monarchs and my Zeiss Conquest on the same power setting. At twilight in hangs right in there with the Nikon and only the Ziess beats it out but only by a Min or two.

Its held up really well on the bench too. I have mounted one on a Savage MLII Smokeless and another on a CVA Optima. Its held up to the pounding that both Ml's deliver.

Yes there are scopes out there with more eye releif. 3.5 is not exactly the greatest in the world but for $99 bucks I think I can live with it. .50 cal ML is not exactly a shoulder buster of a round and I am not shooting maximum charges out of mine.
Old 09-24-2013, 01:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm happy with the scope overall,

It is sitting on a rifle right now, because it did not have enough elevation adjustment for the slug gun I bough it for. No big deal, just swapped scopes and both guns are shooting great.

I find the eye relief to be sufficient.
Old 10-07-2013, 11:34 PM
Fork Horn

For the closeout prices on them they can't be beat. You'd need to spend double to get a better one. And that would likely be used.