Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
Which rifle scope - Leupold, Zeiss, or Nikon >

Which rifle scope - Leupold, Zeiss, or Nikon

Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

Which rifle scope - Leupold, Zeiss, or Nikon

Old 11-17-2012, 04:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Zeiss, but Leupold a close 2nd, and if your happy with the Leupolds stick with them. I have one Zeiss a West German made one, also have many Leupold VX-II and one VX-III and love them as well
Old 11-19-2012, 05:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Wayspr
I have all 3, all are good. I'd rate them Zeiss, Leupy, Nikon. For the money, Conquest offers the most value in a scope at any price point in my opinion. Can't go wrong with these three.
X2! For 400$ you cannot get a better scope than the Conquest!
Old 11-19-2012, 05:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

The last few years I have been using Optics Planet for my optics. Great prices but you can't put eyeball to lens to compare. I had heard good things about the Conquest, but was leaning towards the Leupy VX-III. Once I did get to see them personally, I was blown away with the difference of the Conquest! Leupy and Nikons are good, but they can't beat the Conquest! Especially for the price!
Old 02-18-2013, 10:50 PM
Spike

I am very much familiar with these scopes. I have hunting experience and travelled in hilly areas, that’s why I used zeiss scopes for hunting. It is perfect for long-range shooting and hunting under extreme conditions. It is easy to handle, are light weighing .

The others two scopes are good. Nikon rifle scopes are best for its features including durability, clarity and lightweighting. Shooting at targets or hunting game, you'll appreciate it's top notch optic clarity and toughness. I have not enough knowledge about leupold scopes. But this long range rifle is well known for its high build and optical quality.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:18 AM
Fork Horn

Since this thread was resurrected, might as well put in my $.02...

I think that in terms of quality, it goes Nikon > Leupold > Zeiss, but many will disagree. They all make decent optics with some notable durability and premium feaures (depending on model), and which one you should choose will come down to how much you're comfortable spending.
Old 02-22-2013, 12:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Go blind at recommending scopes

The problem really digs in when I see those four figure dollar digits. Besides, I got away with using lesser priced scopes for my eyesight, that were good enough for my sight. So I'm in no position to recommend anything.
Truthfully, those high three digit dollar scopes truly don't do much for the sight. If I miss ten minutes of a sunrise or sunset, the deer get a free pass.
Old 02-24-2013, 04:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Which scope?

Leupold, or Trijicon. Both excellent scopes, and made in the USA.

Nuff said?
Old 02-25-2013, 02:12 PM
Typical Buck

Cabelas new flyer has the zeiss conquest 3x9x40 for $299. I think the sale starts Thursday.
Old 09-17-2013, 06:45 PM
Spike

I prefer my Zeiss, the others are good stuff too.
Old 09-18-2013, 04:20 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by OpticsCamp
Since this thread was resurrected, might as well put in my $.02...

I think that in terms of quality, it goes Nikon > Leupold > Zeiss, but many will disagree. They all make decent optics with some notable durability and premium feaures (depending on model), and which one you should choose will come down to how much you're comfortable spending.

Pretty much right there with you. As far as Nikon and Leupold if you are talking Nikon Monarch vs VRIII they are pretty much even in all respects. Zeiss is definatly a step above and at the prices they are charging for the conquest a better value in my opinion.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.