Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
Redfield Revolution >

Redfield Revolution

Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

Redfield Revolution

Old 08-10-2012, 05:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

Why are you making this so difficult? What you mentioned is not the way you use a boresighter or do it when looking down the barrel if it's a bolt action gun where the bolt can be removed! In either case you bring the reticle into the center of the bore sighter pattern, or bullseye if doing it without a gizmo, by turning the turret adjustments in the direction you need to go to get the reticle centered. If you don't have a bore sighter or can't look down the barrel to do that, or even if you do it that way, then take the gun out and shoot one or two shots at 25 yards to see where it's hitting. Then move the turrets to take the reticle up/down and left/right until the POI is where you want it in or above the bull. Then back off to 100 yards and make your final adjustments by shooting groups to see where the center of the group is and adjust the reticle accordingly. It doesn't really take a college degree to sight in a rifle!

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 08-10-2012 at 06:10 AM.
Old 08-10-2012, 07:33 AM
Spike

It's done....Just making a statement. Some of us are not a smart as you
Old 08-10-2012, 07:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Geez Louise! If you didn't want the correct information why'd you ask? It's people that also go out and shoot three shots once a year before deer season, hit a paper plate somewhere on it and call it good, that drive me nuts, LOL! This is a target after a couple simple scope adjustments on a new Leupold I just put on a .243 Sako doing what I mentioned at 25 yards and then backing off further---8 of 9 that you can cover with a dime. I really apologize for knowing what I'm doing and won't try to answer any more of your questions you might come up with!

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 06-09-2015 at 07:28 PM.
Old 08-10-2012, 08:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Topgun,

That ain't bad shootin'....................

You don't need to apoligize for that ! LOL :-)
Old 08-11-2012, 05:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

Sheridan---That gun is a tack driver and why it was the only rifle Dad kept over the last few years of his life and said I couldn't have until he died. Unfortunately, he passed away last 9/11 five days short of his 89th birthday. I have been using 117 grain Hornady BTSPs in my Ruger 25-06 for antelope out in Wyoming. This year that little .243 Sako is going out there with 100 grain Hornady BTSPs as a tribute to Dad for getting me started back in 1952 when I was five years old. Thanks Dad and I hope you're watching from above when I put the smack on an 80" buck with it!!!

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 06-09-2015 at 07:28 PM.
Old 08-11-2012, 10:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

That's a beauty all right and the target speaks for both the gun & the "operator".

The best aspect of owning a rifle like that is the memories !!!

God bless ~ your Father should be very proud of his legacy.
Old 10-28-2012, 03:54 PM
Fork Horn

Have the 3-9x40 plex on the omega and find this scope to be better than a prostaff, and comparable to the leupold 2. That's how is see it anyway's. I bought mine when they were 159.00. Now, they sell in the 200.00 range. Nice scope.