Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
Nikon Monarch 4-16x42 >

Nikon Monarch 4-16x42

Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

Nikon Monarch 4-16x42

Old 06-27-2012, 04:14 PM
Typical Buck

Default Nikon Monarch 4-16x42

I am looking for a new scope for my .300 Win Mag. I am almost sold on the Nikon Monarch 4-16x42.

My problem is choosing the reticle. I have talked myself out of the BDC reticle, I just don't think I will like the circles. I am leaning towards the Mil Dot reticle. Has anyone had any experience with this reticle? If so, pros and cons?

I am still open to a different brand of scope, but I am about 80-90% sure I will get the nikon.

Thanks for your time,
Trent
Old 09-02-2012, 10:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am not a big fan of the Monarch line, but that is no doubt that in the $350 price the Monarch is a good value scope. At full MSRP, I would argue you can do better for the $$$.

Not sure where you are looking to buy .. but I have used Optics Planet for other Nikon products. Last time I looked the price of this scope was about $340.
Old 09-06-2012, 01:32 AM
Fork Horn

I have the 2.5-10x42 with the standard plex. The glass seems pretty decent to me for the price I paid for it. Nikon will do CDS turrets for your specific load if you send them the information. They also have customer support on their website to show you how to use it. I haven't gone that route yet as I am still trying to find a load that my new 6.5x55 will shoot.