Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
wanted 6x fixed for 25 cal. >

wanted 6x fixed for 25 cal.

Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

wanted 6x fixed for 25 cal.

Old 12-07-2011, 10:20 AM
Typical Buck

Default wanted 6x fixed for 25 cal.

Tell me about a sound,solid,simple,cost effective,Weaver-like,no frills,fixed 6x scope that will handle the abuse dished out by a 6.5# 257 Roberts . I'll be using it for everthing from gophers to big horns. At this point I have less than $200 in this true custom 1 off rifle. Its built on a Boyds stock,A&B bbl,1908 Spainish small ring Mauser that was actually pulled out of a recycle bin. The 7x57 bbl was ruined,both bolt and action were wet magged and are good to go.
Old 12-08-2011, 07:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

A couple that come to mind are the Weaver Classic K 6X38 ($145 + OR -) and the Sightron SII 6 X 42 ($225 + OR -). Of course Leupy has some good fixed power scopes, but the price goes up. The FX3 6 X 42 is very nice! I personally have (and like) the Sightron SII but mine is a 4X. If 4X could fill your need, The IOR 4X36 is sweet...great glass.
Old 12-08-2011, 05:41 PM
Boone & Crockett

Some of my guns wear the Leupold FXIII 6X42: It costs about $375 but its worth the money. Its a really good low light scope.