Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
Binocular and range finder in one!?!? >

Binocular and range finder in one!?!?

Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

Binocular and range finder in one!?!?

Old 11-17-2011, 09:26 AM
Typical Buck

Default Binocular and range finder in one!?!?

I had never even heard of these http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCNEJKtXcIU until one of my clients brought one on a elk hunt this year. Anyone else have one? How do they work? They seem like a good idea, they are a bit pricey but you would probably save money instead of buying a range finder and binocular seperate. Plus it is way more convienient.
Old 11-17-2011, 12:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

They are getting better every year, but still $,$$$.00

I wish !!!
Old 11-18-2011, 08:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yep they have been around for a few years now.
Actually surprised you haven't heard of them.
Advertised just about everywhere, and considering your a guide,
you should be on top of all new equipment..
Weather it be value to you or not.. The last thing you want is to have a client one up you in the sence that you haven't heard or seen one before.. Could very well cost you cliental..
They are alot of money, however , if you have your own guiding business, you can save a bundle more than the average hunter.
Write them off at the end of the year as well..
If you personally e-mail optic company websites and introduce yourself, and explain you own a guiding outfit,they will give you names of dealers that
will give you special promotion deals and will even let you test products in
the field..I'd go as far as saying sell me or give me one, and I will promote it in the field for my clients.. Wheel and Deal dude..
Talk to the Head Office guy, nobody else.. Strike it up and hit a home-run out if it.. Everything in the World is negotiable..
Everything.. But yeah, as with any job you have to stay with the times and keep up.. Every hunter I know has heard of them, has their own opinions
on them.. Weather good or bad, you, Absolutely have to be aware of new
products.. Your already probably 5 years behind this one, were lasers are involves if not longer, but conventional range finder binoculars with hashmarks have been around forever. So yeah, if you want to be the best
at this job, you have to know at least what's out there. so you don't look
stupid in front of your client..Owning a Guiding Outfit is a huge competitive market, and as much as it is focused with trophies good service, and great times and conversation, the last thing a client wants is his guide, who is his leader, not to be on at least par on rifles, optics, etc, so he can't honestly give his true opinion on them.. An honest true opinion..

Last edited by Jeff Ovington; 11-18-2011 at 09:06 AM.
Old 11-18-2011, 09:10 AM
Typical Buck

Exclamation

Originally Posted by Jeff Ovington
Yep they have been around for a few years now.
Actually surprised you haven't heard of them.
Advertised just about everywhere, and considering your a guide,
you should be on top of all new equipment..
Weather it be value to you or not.. The last thing you want is to have a client one up you in the sence that you haven't heard or seen one before.. Could very well cost you cliental..
They are alot of money, however , if you have your own guiding business, you can save a bundle more than the average hunter.
Write them off at the end of the year as well..
If you e-mail companies websites and explain you own a guiding outfit,they will give you names of dealers that will give you special promotion deals and will even let you test products in the field..
But yeah, as with any job you have to stay with the times and keep up.. Every hunter I know has heard of them, has their own opinions on them.. Weather good or bad, you have.. Absolutely have to be aware of new products.. Your already probably 5 years behind this one. So yeah, if you want to be the best at this job, you have to know at least what's out there. so you don't look stupid in front of your client..
Ha ha your probably right but that's easier said then done. I have been content with my Nikon's so I have not been looking into binoculars latley. I try to keep up to date but I don't have much time to sit in front of my computer and keep updated with all the products out their, I get paid to give my clients the best expirence of their life and help them kill the animal they wish to harvest. None of my clients have gone home empty handed and my goal is that they will never have to, keeping up to date on the newest and greatest products is not my top priority because my clients don't hire me to show off fancy gear they hire me to get them a trophy animal and if I can do that without fancy gear then I am not sure why I should be so worried about it?
Thanks for the advice though, I appreciate it.

Last edited by genesis27:3; 11-18-2011 at 09:16 AM.
Old 11-18-2011, 11:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well I'm glad your front line is working for you.
But your company will be the best of the best if you had a strong back and middle.. It's like War, it is War actually..
What good is a strong front line if your back and middle is weak.
Your soldiers will be fighting without food and water..
Remember regardless what appears to be strong it won't take long
before they get hungry and thirsty and lose because of lack of nutrition. It's a metaphor, but it is true..
Having your own business is a 24/7 opporation..
And you are best to be making deals behind the scenes to make that front as strong as possible, rather than posting on Huntingnet..
If you have time to post on Huntingnet, you have time to be looking out for your business.. In my business we are taking, 600 million dollars out of your pocket this year.. I'm Canadian, I live in Canada, work in Canada and the States, and I'm stealing your work your lives and your money.. Alot Your Tax Dollars are going to this Company..
It should Piss you off.. It's all behind the scenes..
At the front it looks like you guys do all the work, behind, all you do is install..I don't care... It makes me stronger..This American Company may get recognized for a finished product..
But eventually they will go broke, and I will step in and take over.
Strong back, physical and mental forward movement, and a strong front, makes the best of the best..