Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
Is Swarovski really the best? >

Is Swarovski really the best?

Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

Is Swarovski really the best?

Old 03-18-2011, 01:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

lets not ferget why we pay so much for it. cause it is imported.
i think that people think the higher the price the better it is.
just go take a look through a few. ask the counter guy if we can go outside and look around.
you'll know when your done which one ya want. maybe he can hide the names, so when you see through em, you dont know whats-what and its a real verdict.
Old 03-18-2011, 06:43 PM
Fork Horn

Generally speaking the more you spend the better the quality, now just because some is asking $800 for a tasco doesn't mean it's better but when you are spending top dollar for what you know is top quality glass the more the better.There is a point you can compermise, I'm very happy with Leupold, I have a couple Nightforce scopes and like them better but no way can I afford to put them on all my guns. Is Swaro better than Lupy? Probably so, but I'm happy with the way my Lupys have held up, sometimes to unmetionable abuse and the performance hasn't dissapointed either. If you want the Swaro go for it, in the end you are the one spending the money, if you have your mind somewhat made up that Swaro is better and you buy something else you'll always be left wondering, should I have bought the Swaro? All that you mentioned will serve you well.

Call Alex Roy at EuroOptic http://www.eurooptic.com/ He will treat you right and more than likely has whatever scope you want in stock.
Old 03-19-2011, 12:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

After much thought and research, I went with the Swaro Z3 .
Old 03-19-2011, 01:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Rob in VT
After much thought and research, I went with the Swaro Z3 .
You made a great choice. It's a wonderful piece!
Old 03-31-2011, 01:50 PM
Fork Horn

Almost any scope is going to look clear and crisp on a sunny day. Where the higher end scopes work best are in the lower light situations like dusk and dawn or in heavy timber. I have several different brands of scopes and use them differently. My Swarovski is the best scope I own.
As far as them being the best? Well they are up near the top for sure. Schimdt & Bender and Nightforce are both at the tops in my opinion.
Old 06-21-2011, 05:48 AM
Spike

You can spend $10 on a scope or $1000 on a scope. The best one is whatever was on the gun when you killed the animal.

And in saying that, ill never own a swaro because they are rediculous in price and I have killed deer with $30 tascos and $50 simmons and $100-$250 nikons and leupolds. Comparing scopes is like comparing cartridges IMO. They all do the same thing.
Old 06-21-2011, 07:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Chris Johnson
You can spend $10 on a scope or $1000 on a scope. The best one is whatever was on the gun when you killed the animal.

And in saying that, ill never own a swaro because they are rediculous in price and I have killed deer with $30 tascos and $50 simmons and $100-$250 nikons and leupolds. Comparing scopes is like comparing cartridges IMO. They all do the same thing.
For sure...and I've killed deer with irons (no scopes) so that's even cheaper than your Trashco's and the like. Ever had a cheap scope fail on you when you needed it most? I have and I'll not go down that path again.