Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

Bsa?

Old 10-07-2010, 05:38 PM
Fork Horn

never had a problem with the one i used to own. it was a high power target/varmint scope and for $99 it was fine. made several 250 yd shots on coyotes with my .223

not everyone can afford the better scopes,but like excalibur stated
you get what you pay for.

i just picked up a barska 4-16x40ao for $57 on clearance at gander mountain.worth that to me just to have a spare !
Old 10-08-2010, 09:21 PM
Super Moderator

I own one. It was given to me by a gun shop owner that wanted me to try it out. So, I put it on one of my ruger 10/22s. It zeroed fine. And I carry this gun in the back of my truck and shoot every kind of varmint you can think of with it. Ive never had a single problem with the scope. That being said....I bought a Savage bolt action slug gun about a year ago. It had a BSA on it. Although the scope would hold zero, it looked terrible to look through. Nothing was clear, and no matter how I adjusted it, I couldnt get it to clear out. The previous owner was very inexperienced and just thought that was how scopes were.....SO I've had one good experience with one on my Ruger, and it's taken a beating and still holds zero. But that blurry scope on the slug gun was horrible.

If I'm spending the money myself, I wouldnt buy one. Scope are worth the money, and I promise you won't regret the investment.
-Jake
Old 10-12-2010, 06:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have some high end scopes, Leupold, Nikon, etc. I have a cheap BSA that I bought through my business, www.americangunnery.com

I have the BSA on my other H&R ultra slug and it handles the shock well and does awesome...The only thing I can say is my more expensive scopes allow shots in very low light. And its illegal to shoot in the dark anyway

I trust cheaper scopes like BSA, Simmons, & Tasco..I have hit them hard with recoil and no issues. WE PAY MORE FOR LIGHT & Big Objectives. Just my opinion.

MW74