Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

swarovski?

Old 02-15-2010, 01:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think they are worth the investment, check ebay for good used Swarovski optics you can save a few hundred over retail.
I have the Swarovski tri-fecta; Binos, Spotting Scope & Rifle Scope.
My wife refers to Swarovski as "Divorski".

I wish I would have bought fewer rifles & scopes. If I could start all over again I would only own 2-rifles & 2-scopes. The rifles would be custom jobs with Swarovski scopes. Had I been more selective on quality & not quantity, I would have saved money.
Old 02-15-2010, 07:02 PM
Typical Buck

ha ha ok I will check thanks!
Old 02-18-2010, 09:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yes. Been all over the map on scopes over the past 40+ years. Whatever you do don't buy a scope that is any less quality than you can afford.

Swarovski scopes are pricey, but absolutely superb. I can say the same for Kahles' and Zeiss' top end scopes .. which are more or less in the same price range. What you get is extremely crisp, clean images edge to edge, with superb contrast and superior low light performance.

If $$$$ is an issue, you can get a fine scope in the Zeiss Conquest.
Old 02-27-2010, 10:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nope, not unless you are rich.

Vortex Razor...just as good (better warranty) at a 1/3 of the price!
Old 02-27-2010, 08:12 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by JNTURK

NOT.......Although the vortex are very good they are not as good as the Swaro's.

My advice is if you are looking for binos there are several that are so close in quality to the Swaro/leica/Zeiss that they have rendered the European optics NOT worth the difference. The one new Optic Co. that has made the biggest splash in bino's is Zen Ray....... the ZR EDII in particular. Meopta and Hawke also offer some binos that compete very well with the big 3 european optics. Here's the kicker also with the Zen Rays. The EDII's are being offered for $400.

Let me be the first to let you all in on a little secret. The big three Euro optics will soon be devalued substantially in order to compete with the extremely excellent quality optics now being offered from some asian optics houses. Swaro, Leica, and Zeiss owners be aware.
Old 03-04-2010, 09:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by JNTURK

I am affraid you have been misinformed. Vortex optics are good but they do not even come close to Swarovski.
Old 03-06-2010, 03:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by JagMagMan
Not worth the money,
I guess you’re talking from personal experience...
Old 03-15-2010, 09:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't know if you have looked through Swaro/Zeiss etc. etc...but by your posts (Wolf & VI) I am assuming you have and so have I. I never said that Vortex was better, because they are not. However the only difference I have ever seen when comparing them is that at first legal light and last legal light the Swaro/Zeiss brands are slightly better and have a slight crisper image. When I say slight I mean like making out the end crab claw on a buck at 300 yards compared to knowing he is a solid 10pt. IMO that difference is NOT worth the money. Most glassying for bucks and trying to determine if he has that crab claw or not is done durying the mid morning to mid day. When comparing Vortex to the other brands I could see NO real difference in determining if the buck had the crab claw or not. I will not say Vortex is better, because they are not. But for what the swaro and other top brands excel in really make no difference in my style of hunting, so why would I spend 2/3 more!

I will say all the big names make great glass, period. For someone looking for good to great glass and does not need to make out the crab claw 30 minutes before the sun rises, but would like crisp images through out the rest of the day...then my vote is for Vortex.
Old 03-18-2010, 08:32 PM
Typical Buck

"well.. money is always a issue but I am a deer-elk guide"

Well if your a professional guide and are looking at binoculars or spotting scopes, then it is a tax write off (as long as you are filing taxes on your guiding income). I would like to look at the Zen Rays and Swarovski's side by side. I would like to handle and compare the Swarovski SLCs and Els as well. I plan on buying some good binoculars this year, but still don't know what they will be.
Old 03-20-2010, 07:10 PM
Fork Horn

Its way to much
Go with nikon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.